xisto Community
alexwhin

Do You Think Popups Are A Bad Thing? www.bpsite.tk

Pop-Ups/Pop-Unders are the worst thing to hit the web since the "luv bug virus", and it's true, what can be good about distracting web pages with false ads interupting a site veiwers experience, nothing can be good about it, there is no logic behind them anymore, they used to server purpose as confirmation messages, vbut now they are mainly what I described above, but are browser friends often now come with Pop-up blockers, so they aren't too bad anymore...

I used to get annoyed with pop-ups, specially in thaty kind of "underground" places where you get lots and lots of windows and you get overloaded. But since Mozilla came into play for me is the less disturbing kind of advertisement... I don?t even know when a website has popups because the browser blocks them and so, I don?t have to worry about it.

I would like to kill the guy who has used it for the first time... I'm using Mozilla so it has its own anti-popup which is very nice... it has never desapointed me... but when I'm not using my Mozilla or when I hear one specific sound (I have configured my Mozilla to do a sound when a popup is blocked) I get angry with that website... But I hate when I access one website and it shows up that javascript (I guess) screen... what the hell!!! "Please VOTE!!!"... affffff... it's so boring!!!!! There are some cases on which the designer is dumb so he doesn't know Xisto and has a host with popup... what can I say to those newbies? :angry:

I have zero tolerance for pop ups. They make me switch to Netscape 7.0, which had an integrated pop up killer, more then a year ago. Of course, now IE 6 with SP2 is able to block pop ups too, but the browser is simply too bad for any user now. I hate pop ups because they open too many windows that they get piled up on my task bar. I don?t have any way to close them or I will have to terminate all the processes there. Some pop ups are even embedded with virus. They will pretend to ask you about installing some ActiveX viruses and while you are just too annoyed and click whatever you would to close them, you will mistaken click ?install? on those confirmation alerts. And then, you get infected. That?s why I am now using Mozilla, disabling Java and certain Javascripts and use Norton Internet Security with built-in the ad blocking feature. It sad that the Internet has become such a bad thing?

I hate popups but to be honest there a great way of advertising, when you get one it's the first thing you see! Popunders and banners are even worse because you harder to get rid of them. I have a ad, popup and popunder blcoker and I'm using it right now -_-

Trouble is, if you don't have a blocker you can't get by the ultimate popup as I heard someone call it. When the viewer closes the window, it re-opens the same one. That's evil, I'll never do that.

I'm half and half really.

I really hate pop-up adds. Everytime one pops up, I end up adding a virus to my computer. Some pop-up adds are really annoying because, if they won't stop poping up on the middle of your computer screen. Some really scare me. An example was when I was searching around the web for information this add that was about, Win a Million dollars kept poping-up, it was so annoying. I ended up having to reboot my computer because the add would not stop poping-up. I found out later that i gained alomst 10 viruses from the add. So pop-up adds to me are really annoying when you are trying to get something done or, when your computer get's viruses from pop-up adds. So, overall I hate pop-up adds. I don't know about any of you.

POPups are bad but still there just a way of premoting sites.I can garentee that all popup-blockers dot work, Atleast 20 will get through.Thanks,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider -_- .<PIC OF ME ABOVE

I think they're a bad way of advertising. When a pop-up appears, people get so annoyed by it that they don't even read it. Now there even are navegation bars that block pop-ups, Windows XP offers to do the same thing. I think banners are better.

I can garentee that all popup-blockers dot work

I'm using Norton's popup and I can guarantee you it does :( Never one popup, popunder and barely an ad in site. How cleanly a page can load.

Of course pop-ups are bad but so is TV advertising or any other form of advertising. For example, any TV station (excluding HBO because you have to pay for it) lives out from their comercials. You won't see a good movie without comercials... Why? Because the TV station has to buy that movie and the only way they can get the money back is to insert comercials into the movie.The same thing happens with a website. The webmaster has to live somehow...I'd be more then happy to see a free software download website with pop-ups then a paid software website without pop-ups. So as long as the popups are not really very anoying I can live with them but when they start to load 2 or 3 at the same time....

Well... I don?t like popups... ok, in fac, I HATE popups but like someone said I suppose they are necessary if we want some contents on the Internet, especially professional contents. They are annoying, yes, and a time ago the were really one of the Internet?s cancers, but since pop-ups blockers have been released I don?t care about them. I use Mozilla Firefox so, I forgot about pop-ups several months ago, you should do the same and for sure that most of you already do :(

I think they are bad because they are annoying which makes a person close them faster then they would close a site they were viewing that had banner ads instead.