xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fermin25

It?s Raining Fishes...what Is This? A strange phenomenon

Hi I want to tell about an strange phenomenon that occurs in May every year in an honduran Town named Yoro, Yoro.

Between the 5-25 May day start a typical electric storm and Suddenly...minutes later that the storm started...Began to fall a lot of sea-fishes in the town....

AND THE MOST INCREDIBLE IS: THE FISHES FALL ALIVE!!!

This is extremely strange because Yoro is 300 miles away the closer coast...Many people had wanted to explain this rare phenomenon but nobody can explain it, yet...

The picture above is a Padre Subirana?s(Legendary Catolic Missionare).

Posted Image

This is a rare Phenomenon, I have not an explanation.

What is this?

Sorry very easy to explain.A tropical cyclone pulls the fish from the sea and then they are dragged to that town, in my opinion it would be that same town by coincidence. So there you have it. WAIT although I can't explain why they fall and still live, but then they die from lack of water. meh... probably fish are strong or something ?

Ah. This is quite interesting, but it happens with various creatures that live in the water for at least part of their lives, as I'm sure many have heard of it raining frogs before. It has an easy to explain explanation, as well, at least from what I've heard.Apparently, as water is condensed into clouds, it takes the small eggs with it. Since clouds are 100% water, the eggs never think they've left their environment, and they grow naturally. Being part of the cloud, they're supported by the flow of the air and the water around them, and occasionally it's possible for live fish to be living in the clouds, though they're most likely much smaller than depicted in that picture. A small fish that's light enough would most likely have the air resistance to live as it fell to the ground, especially if it were to be helped out by water. Of course, the idea of eggs being incorporated into the simple water cycle seems a bit far-fetched to me, even though I was told the cause by reasonably trustworthy sources. If it's not that, then it's anyone's guess as to what truly causes it to happen.

Ive heard the same story as what forte has described, quite extraodinary if there is truth to it, i reckon.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Actually i correct myself, the version i heard was the eggs are carried away similar to how forte said, but they are at the stage where they're about to hatch and do so just before plummeting back to earth. A big thrill ride for a newly born small fish!

The explanation generally offered for the rain of fish is meteorogical, in terms of strong winds or waterspouts, as for other accounts of raining animals. The most likely source of the fish is the Atlantic Ocean, about 200km (140 miles) away.

An alternative story claims that the fish are not sea water fish, but fresh water fish, and that they swim from a nearby river into a subterranean water current. Some of the fish then leave this current and appear on the ground inland. It is claimed that in the 1970s National Geographic sent some professionals to report on this phenomenon. They discovered that all the fish were approximately the same size, around 6 inches (15.2 cm), and completely blind. The experts identified the species but found no record of it in any surrounding bodies of water. Their theory was that these fish are from underground rivers, never exposed to light and thus blind.

An esoteric institution tries to explain this phenomen according to its own teachings.

Edited by juandelacruz (see edit history)