xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ransackthenation

Is This Normal? Network Connections too many.

So recently, my internet connection is slower than usual. I checked my netstat and here's what I got.

Is this fine?? Please look at the screenies.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS: I'm using bittorrent when I took this images. But I've been doing that all the times[opening bit torrent while doing other things like browsing,playing ragnarok] but the internet is really slower this time.

Hi!I'm surprised the 2nd column actually displays the names instead of the IP addresses for you. What version of Windows are you using? Perhaps nobody with a DNS name ever connects to me *sniff* :-(Anyway, it is quite normal for a lot of connections to be made to/from your PC when you're downloading and uploading torrents. That's the whole peer-to-peer concept. If you want to speed things up on your end, keep the torrent-ing to the evening when you don't use your PC for browsing, emailing etc.Regards

Must be some Problems with your ISP, I had some experience with some router that bittorent tend to slow down and even heat it up using torrents.. I forgot the brand though..

It looks normal to me.. May be a background process is/are also using internet .. It seems that its not the machine's fault but ISPs problembtw.. You didn't mention if its a DSL or some other internet.If its a wire based thing, do check all the wires that go INTO the modem, there might be a crack in the wire thats causing all the slowdown