xisto Community
seanbig

Introduction a little background

i figured since i already posted in a couple forum threads, i should at least say hello. first off, brilliant idea with regard to the mycents program... kudos to the folks here for that.as for me, i've been kickin' around the web, bloggin and such for some time now. i spend a lot of time writing and recounting days of touring bands, design work, crazy events, and just about anything else i can make light of from my past. i've been taking a break for the past while but with the fairly recent purchase of a rather wonderful little camera, i'm looking to start documenting a few things again... which is essentially why i'm here, for a cost effective way in which to do so.i think that about sums it up for now... i'm a little tired so the ol' intellect muscle isn't exactly running at full steam. hope all is well with everyone!- sean

Greetings, Sean!

*double checks* ... Am I really the first to reply to this introduction? That's unusual, but don't take it to heart. :lol: The people around here are truly in a league of their own when it comes to quality interaction.

Please take some time to visit the following links and learn more about the Trap and what it has to offer!

So you are mainly a blogger? Maybe you can lend me some tips... my writing skills are strictly traditional (storywriting, poetry, etc.), but I've been interested in learning more about that.

I am also an artist (traditional & graphic), and I enjoy dabbling with raw code (HTML/CSS).

My goal here is to create an online portfolio/resume and then use that to kickstart a potential business opportunity doing commissions for others (at least until I can get my foot in the door with game art & design :XD:). I am also involved in the as-yet-nebulous formation of a Freelancer's Union, which is an idea that Kimochitim broached to create a literally-worldwide network of talent and teamwork.

thank you very much for the warm welcome... and don't worry, i certainly understand how it is that one becomes all too busy. i'm in the process of moving across the country, visiting family, working on serious business projects, etc.most days i have little idea where my head is at!as for blogging, i've taken a step back from it lately but that's solely because i need to keep some material for when some of the aforementioned business works go live. that said, it's not all that difficult really. you simply have to ensure that you are as informative as you are opinionated. i certainly have rather strong willed views on some topics but i also have to keep in mind that blogging is a form of discussion really. i need to leave the door open for thoughts, rebuttals, etc.

Welcome, and I notice that you are moving from the Toronto area to Vancouver... you'll be passing right through my town if you are driving. South east BC. First town in BC on the Trans-canada if you are driving.Good luck with those business things, and enjoy the city. Vancouver is a great place. I visit every couple of years.