xisto Community

Love is a funny thing. You expect it to be easy. You expect it to be a world of roses and laughs and perfect moments that you find only in movies. You expect her to always say the right thing, and always know exactly how you feel, or exactly how to react to it. You expect her to calm you down when you're yelling or to chase you when you run away. You expect so much that you feel entirely, and utterly defeated when something doesn't exactly match up with all your plans. But that's the thing. Love isn't a plan. It doesn't have a certain beginning and it certainly has no end or visible finish line to those deeply in it. Love happens; it is so incredibly messy. People around you can't comprehend why you do the things you do, or why you fight so hard for something that seems to cause you so much pain, because simply, they can't see. They can't see the invisible ring of insanity that surrounds you when you're in love. It's inconvenient and painful and devastating at times, but we can't live without it. What you don't learn is how hard love is. How much work it takes. How much of ourselves we have to put into it. How it isn't worth it until we are complete and utter idiots about it. 

Love isn't her calming you down when you yell. It's her yelling, just as loud, just as hard, right back at you, right in your face to wake you up and to keep you grounded. It isn't her/him bringing you roses everyday or cute things that make your relationship appear more presentable. 

It's after a long fight, that drains the life and bones right out of you both, and yet her showing up at your door the next morning anyway. It's not her saying all the right things or knowing exactly how to handle you. So no, it's not her caressing your hair and telling you everything is going to be alright. It's her standing there, admitting she's just as scared as you are. You have to remember that with love, you're not the only one involved. You've unknowingly put your life, your heart into the palms of another persons hands and said, here. Do what you will. Mash it into mince meat. Or forget I ever handed it to you. As long as you have it. 

It makes us crazy. It makes reality invisible and it erases all the lines that we shouldn't cross. Because love isn't about fencing ourselves in; feeling safe, feeling sure about the future. It's about scaring the *BLEEP* out of every nerve in our body, but pushing forward anyway. Because all the fighting and all the tears and all the uncertainty is worth it. And it's a hell of a lot better, than being 100% happy without someone to show us that there is a world of a difference between feeling 'happy' and feeling whole

Notice from rvalkass:

Copied from here. All copied material needs Quote tags around it.

I think that the love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection and attachment. The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure ("I loved that meal") to intense interpersonal attraction ("I love my boyfriend"). This diversity of uses and meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.As an abstract concept, love usually refers to a deep, ineffable feeling of tenderly caring for another person. Even this limited conception of love, however, encompasses a wealth of different feelings, from the passionate desire and intimacy of romantic love to the nonsexual emotional closeness of familial and platonic love to the profound oneness or devotion of religious love. Love in its various forms acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships and, owing to its central psychological importance, is one of the most common themes in the creative arts.Thank you Arjun pun

Baby don't hurt me.... don't hurt me... no more....^^ hehe sorry.. couldn't help myself. Love is a chemical balance. Or imbalance, depending on how pessimistic you want to be. In the brain, on the stereoreceptor and chemical signaling level, it actually functions somewhat like an addiction, which is what gives rise to irrational behavior, strong feelings, and motivations.

Love in reality is the most talked about concept, the idea is as individual as possible, at times the same individual differs from his own opinion after some time has passed or after he has faced certain circumstances.According to me, love is the sense of both belonging to and having someone, of course, there are many other factors that make love stand as a strong emotion. It is often said that love is unconditional, but we expect that to apply to our partners only, we should be asking ourselves what extent of unconditional love can we shower on our partners. We should ourselves be dedicated towards whatever we commit in love, and then the process of expectation should begin.

One poet tried to answer that question: what’s love?He said something along the lines with:“I feel love, I can’t describe it. If people ask me what love is I would say: Love is what I feel right now.”I find it difficult to describe the taste of sugar to someone who never tasted it, if that person exists. Once you start define what love is you’re actually defining the way you personally feel when you’re in that condition.In other words, love means different things for different people.