xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xenogia

I Shall Say Meeep :)

Hi Guys,I would like to introduce myself I guess in a nice wonderfully standard fashion. I am here to learn about the works of HTML and to develop a litle site based on the indie game topic. I have a fascination with indie games and the industry behind, and I would like to share my views with other people on this forum :lol:

Welcome, Xenogia! I look forward to reading what you have to contribute! Here are some links to get you started!

You sound like a very interesting person, and I hope I get the chance to meet you, text-to-text, in the very near future! Please take care :lol:

Hi Guys,
I would like to introduce myself I guess in a nice wonderfully standard fashion. I am here to learn about the works of HTML and to develop a litle site based on the indie game topic. I have a fascination with indie games and the industry behind, and I would like to share my views with other people on this forum :lol:

Hi Xenogia!

Your nickname reminds me of a game I used to play - Xenobots. Oh, that was fun - I spend countless hours playing it back in the days when I had my 386 notebook and 486 desktop.

I can't really tell the difference between an indie game and a commercial publisher-backed game, though most that are from publishers tend to be bigger, such as the Grand Theft Auto series. With publisher-backed stuff, there are times when you see sponsored content - somebody actually pays to say, "Hey, have my product featured in a cut-scene within the game" and they manage to put it into the game in a place nobody even bothers to look... perhaps that will change - we could have something like a Pepsi store in Grand Theft Auto where you pick up the keys to a Ford Mustang after you find the final bottle cap :-)

Anyway, enough from me... make sure you check out the game development category on the forum. You might find something of your interest.

Regards,
Nitin

You sound like a very interesting person, and I hope I get the chance to meet you, text-to-text, in the very near future! Please take care :XD:

I like the way you put it - "I hope I get a change to meet you text-to-text". It's like a play on the phrase "face-to-face" :-)

Your creativity put into a book could become a best seller. Most famous authors started off just like you and I, except that they didn't have the Internet or forums like these!