xisto Community
Deepak kesarwani

How To Change Refresh Rate?

Hi!! every bodyplz help me out...when i boot my pc it start and after logging, screen is flickering...so to stop this i needto increase refresh rate and for this i go to control panel=> select display=>select setting=>click on advance=> click on moniterits showing properties as diable and screen refresh rate as "use hardware default setting"when i click on it , there is no option except "use hardware default setting"is anyone tell me how can i change my refresh rate.. and their check box is also disble..

How did the flickering problem arise suddenly? Did you change any settings or resolution?60 Hz is the minimum value with which you can comfortably view without noticeable flickering. Regarding the refresh rates not showing, the OS contained drivers may not to fully support your monitor, so you need to install the video drivers from your motherboard CD, if you have not already done so.Also try reducing the screen resolution and see if the refresh rates appear in the drop down box. Because it shows the refresh rates only for the resolutions on which it works.

The "use hardware default" setting means u have no display driver for your video card installed. You need to install a driver for it. When you're on the tab that you're seeing "use hardware default", towards the top it will show you what your video card is (usually something like "Intel GMA...", nVidia GeForce..." or ATi Radeon ...". Something similar to that. You should go to the manufacturer's web site to download the latest driver for that card. Perform a search from their main page and type "[whatever it says your video card is] driver". You should see a list of drivers come up. Download and install the driver. Your screen will probably flicker a few times, may take a few minutes, and you may have to restart your computer. After a restart you should be able to change your refresh rate, plus you should have more options to adjust your display settings, and you will have better graphics performance.