xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nicholas.rumin@sympatico.c

Acer 3680 Laptop Does Not Open After Lid Is Opened

It happened with one of my old laptop that the internal cable that supplies power to the screen was somehow broken..And Every time i closed the lid the screen used to get turned offIt might be happening to you alsoJust check it out..Thanks

Same thing happened to mine.  I simply cut off the tab on the bottom right hand corner of my moniter...The tab that pushes into the switch on the bottom and tells the computer when it is shut.  The problem was solved.

-reply by Andy

Same thing happened to mine. I simply cut off the tab on the bottom right hand corner of my moniter...The tab that pushes into the switch on the bottom and tells the computer when it is shut. The problem was solved.
-reply by Andy

Wait, if you do that, then it completely defeats the purpose of the standby feature. So you'll be force t turn your computer off unless you want it to overheat and melt the CPU (exaggeration)...

Sounds like a problem with your power management settings.

You should try different plans.

From your "Control Panel", go to "Power Options" and select a Different Power Plan.

Some options can be set to turn off you hard disk and ALSO an option for POWER BUTTON AND LID.

Change them and try again. The option for Power Button Lid may have been modified.

See Below:

post-111826-007861700 1297263333_thumb.jpg

Edited by PhoenixGFX (see edit history)