xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tinoymalayil

Ethical Hackers Are Good Guys Or Not?

Yes, Ethical Hackers are good guys. Usually they work for a company to find out any security holes and to defend their network. They use all dangerous hacking techniques to hack into their own network and will patch them if they found any holes in their network. Ethical hacking is very popular these days. There are many popular certifications like Certified Ethical Hacker available, but you should prove that you are working for some company if you want to get training in hacking and earn that certificate. But it is not Ethical Hacking if you use those hacking techniques against the company you are working, or use them elsewhere for malicious purposes. It is very dangerous if you attack some network without permission, even if you do that for good purposes.

When i first read the topic, i was thinking, hm ethical hacking, probably means are the situations where hacking is ethical. So i was thinking about the government and hacking (not that the govt does this.....) to get potential information on people like terrorists etc. Then i goggled ethical hacking to make sure i read up on it before making some noob response to a topic i really had no idea what it was about. Then i found out that they are people who test companies security by finding loop-holes in their programing so the companies can get it fixed. Once i read up on that, i had a better idea, and I'd have to say yes, ethical hacking is a good idea. It gives programmers a good way of seeing the flaws in their programs and fixing them to ensure the security of their members and employees.