xisto Community
tinoymalayil

How To Safely Open Usb Drive Without Affecting Viruses Secure acess of USB Drive

this is great i am looking for this thanks author for this let me if my USB's wouldn't be broke again because i used to waste a USB with just 2 or 3 months because it has a Virus when it has one. i am throwing it away and never to use it again thanks i found this topic and i wish that it was effective :lol:

Safely Open a pendriveHow To Safely Open Usb Drive Without Affecting Viruses

1. Connect your pendrive to your PC physically. 2. Open My Computer on your PC (Win XP,VISTA ETC).3. Look at your pendrive DRIVE LETTER (it may be d: or e: or f: etc). DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK ON IT)4. On the address bar (if you don't have. Click on View/Toolbar/Addressbar), Type the drive letter of your pendrive and then colon(:), example d:5. Press enter.

This is the safest way to open any pendrive. You could always use this only method for opening other pendrives which you suspect contain viruses.

-reply by Ryad

One of the simplest way to do it is by opening the drive or removable media through the address bar but not through the command prompt as the virus can still infect the pc -reply by KUKU

I've never seen any type of virus like that before. What i'd do is scan the whole flash drive with an antivirus program, remove the virus, or backup all the uninfected files, and format the drive. Then I'd clean the regular computer of the virus.

i dont think it can be done as its having many viruses which without telling you will affect the computerthe best way to keep out of it is to keep an antivirus which should be updated asap and also i nice firewall

I found one of the simple way to open the USB Drive without affecting any viruses in our Computer.
At first you must Turn off Autoplay before inserting any removable devices.It is because most of the virus are affecting with this autoplay facility of Windows.

Use this method to turn off autoplay..
Enter gpedit.msc in the run or C prompt.then Select the Administration Templates ,then expand that and select System
You can see a Option Turn off AutoPlay..Select that and Select for All drives in the dialogue box to apply for all removable devices.
After inserting the USB Drive..Please donot doubleclick..Please use to Enter the drive name to the address bar(For Eg.If the drive of USB is K then type K:\ press enter)
If you have more ideas about this topic please reply..........

or you can right click the driver device sign press scan with whatever virus protection you have and wait fo it to scan and Viola! You got a noninfected or infected usb! Also you can just fix it if it is infected so no big deal.

bogus autorun.infHow To Safely Open Usb Drive Without Affecting Viruses

What I do now is that I create a folder named autorun.Inf at the root of my flash drive and then I put a text file in that folder. I also hide the folder so that when it reappears with hidden file viewing turned off, I know that a virus is on my flash drive.

I was skeptical of this method when I came across it at first, but now I use it for all of my flash drives. I also help all of my friends by putting the folder on their flash drives.

-reply by Ed Boi