xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nyy26

Nfl News

The Bills might be making a play for former Carolina running back DeShaun Foster. This is most likely due to the fact that Marshawn Lynch was suspended for the first three games of the season. Lynch can appeal to get the suspension down to two games, but keep in mind he was brought up on some very serious charges. Last year?s backup, Fred Jackson is not currently under contract. Foster showed some glimpses of a great running back in Carolina but never amounted to much. If the Bills are determined to go the veteran route, they could look at Warrick Dunn, Michael Pittman, or Franco Harris. If the Bills wanted to look to the draft, they could pick up premium running back in the first round such as Chris ?Beanie? Wells or Knowshawn Moreno. Another Bill, safety Donte Whitner was arrested today. He was arrested in Cleveland, for aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Whitner was a first-round pick back in the 2006 draft. He was a former Ohio State standout and has done great in his first three NFL seasons. When will these NFL players learn? Stop breaking the law, you are a public figure and are supposed to be role models for kids. First Adam Jones, then Michael Vick, then Plaxico Burress. It?s disgusting, sure you have the steroid scandal in baseball, but I think this is worse. These guys need to grow up for crying out loud, stop breaking the law.Some people are wondering if the Bears gave up too much for Jay Cutler. My opinion is that the Bears were the only team that could afford to give up that much for Cutler. They already had an abundance of picks, and a some-what decent quarter back to swap in Kyle Orton. The bottom line is Jay Cutler is a top quarterback and will be for the next ten years. I wanted the Jets to make a play for Cutler, but I don?t think I would have wanted them to give up two first round picks plus. People need to remember that Kellen Clemens was ahead of Cutler on a lot of boards on draft day. You can?t judge Clemens on his performance two years ago behind a swiss cheese offensive line. The guy has intangibles and a great arm. I am interested to see what he and Brett Ratliff bring to the table this offseason. Though I think ultimately Clemens will be starting behind center. As far as the Bears go, they needed Cutler. They spent too much time messing around with Rex Grossman, even though he brought them to a super bowl. Kyle Orton showed some talent but I guess the organization didn?t think he had too much promise. Now Bears fans can?t complain about their quarterback situation. However, this trade does have a trickledown effect on the Jets. The Broncos are picking ahead of the Jets and they could be another team interested in drafting a quarterback. That would mean less of a chance of the Jets getting Mark Sanchez or Matt Stafford. I for one am not a Josh Freeman believer, but a lot of scouts and analysis?s are saying that his guy will be the best quarterback in the draft and people will remember this year as ?the josh freeman? draft. The kid has talent, but remembers that e didn?t play against great competition in college. If he is available in the second round, the Jets must take him.It seems as if the Seahawks are beginning to fade away. Last year ended their streak of playoff appearances and Coach Mike Holmgren has retired. Matt Hasselbeck began to show age and that he wasn?t all that good while Seneca Wallace showed some skills. Reports are also saying that left tackle Walter Jones. Could be o his way out. Jones is 35 and is recovering from microfracture surgery, a crapshoot proposition aimed at creating scar tissue that simulates the cartilage no longer present in a portion of a guy?s knee. Jones acknowledged that the surgery could force him into retirement. With the fourth pick in the draft, Seattle could go in multiple directions. They could draft an available quarterback such as Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez, they could take receiver Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech, who I think is the best player in the draft despite the fact he is recovering from an injury. Or they could take one of the top offensive linemen hat might be available. Whatever the Seahawks decide to do at the number four pick will certainly have a massive effect on how the draft shapes up.I can?t believe the Bangles signed Tank Johnson, haven?t they learned from all of their other players who have been in trouble with the law?Jets Tight End, Dustin Keller, says he is working on his blocking skills. If Keller can gain the ability to block, he could be the best Tight End in the league. He already showed off his superb receiving skills, and showed that he?s a receiver in a tight end?s body, but he lacked in the blocking department. With Chris Baker in New England, Keller needs to focus on blocking this offseason.

Yeah the Tank Johnson thing kind of puzzled me. The Bengals were trying to clean house and they go and get somebody who has been known to cause troubles when he was aboard other teams locker rooms? Doesn't make much sense to me. In regards to Deshaun Foster, I think Carolina should be done with him. He has shown he can be a reliable back, but he has been injured way too much. Plus, with DeAngelo Williams proving that he could indeed be the number one back, there really isn't much room for Deshaun Foster unless he is okay with playing alongside another running back.As for the Seahawks, they need ro rebuild. The team that was able to reach the superbowl has pretty much faded from the limelight that they were once in. Without Shawn Alexander, and Matt Hassleback not playing at his best ability, in addition to getting a new coach, this club looks like they are a couple years back before they are going to become a contender in the NFC West.I like how the Bears went out and got Jay Cutler. The only position that was misisng from the club was that of a QB, and now that they are able to get one that has proven to be reliable they should be a huge contender of going deep into the playoffs.

The coach of the NFC champion Arizona Cardinals, Ken Whisenhunt has gone on record saying Anquan Boldin could be traded before the draft. O the rumors begin. A lot of analyst believe that the Jets will be going hard and heavy after Boldin, due to the lack of a wide receiver. The Jets released Laverneus Coles early in the free agency period, cutting cap room and granting Coles his wish. But that move left a void at wide receiver that many think Jericho Cotchery cannot fill. Many believe, as do I, that the Jets need a burner on offense, a guy that can’t out run everybody. David Clowney, who had a spectacular preseason, showcasing his great talent, is that kind of receiver. Clowney can outrun anybody, he was supposed to get a lot of balls thrown his way last year, but he broke his collar bone in the preseason and only got one catch in his limited season. Clowney has talent, there’s no doubt about that, but I don’t think he will ever be the player Anquan Boldin is. I would definitely love for the Jets to pursue him. It is just a question of how much the Cardinals will be asking for. Would they demand the 17th pick, and will the Jets give it to them? Boldin is definitely better than any receiver the Jets could draft, but the Jets might feel that they have a bigger hole to fill with that pick, notably if a runningback or quarterback remains. I Believe the Jets will be involved, but I don’t know if they’ll just kick the tires or make a legitimate attempt. I would definitely be willing to part with the second and third round picks, maybe even another pick next year, but it is likely the Cardinals will be looking for something close to what the Lions got for Roy Williams.

Edited by nyy26 (see edit history)