xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miladinoski

Picasa 3

Picasa® 3 is out for several months on the market now and the latest Windows build according to Wikipedia is "3.1 Build 71.18". Versions are also available for the Mac and Linux, though the Linux one is not a native one, but uses the Wine wrapper.

The 3rd version of this image organizing and editing software features new changes like:

Syncing the edits of the photos you did in Picasa - instead of re-uploading them

Adding text and watermarks to the images — a simple task that sometimes demands downloading additional software

Retouching your images — ... also a procedure that may demand downloading other software

Crop tool 

Automatic red-eye removal and so on...

for full feature comparison, visit this page

My experience with this app starts when it was in its 2nd version and when I was still using Windows. It was really great then and it stayed that way through the years because it kept its unique features like the timeline and the simple and intuitive interface. It wasn't available for Mac then so because of the great demand Google retought and released a version for it, including all the features the Windows version has. Too bad the Linux version is still FULL of bugs[1] and doesn't come even close to the other 2 versions. Google really needs to get their sleeves up and make a native one, if they are too defiant to release it as an OSS product.

Although it's non-free commerical software and I don't use a lot of those, I will continue to use this one because I'm using it for 2 years and I've organized almost all of my pictures into collections.

Download page:

http://picasa.google.com/

What is your experience with Picasa? Have you used it?/Are you using it? Do you fancy using image organization software like AcdSee, Picasa and the like?

hey picasa is cool but when i installed in my system it made my system damn too slow so i removed it and also itsearches for all images in my system even if i want them to be private.........and otherwise the organization method of picasa is cool and also trendyi will suggest all with good system cofiguration should try it............all the best

Picasa is a really very good to upload a photos or share with anyone.We can synchronize the pics, Change the Image and lots of facilities provided. so I like to Use Picasa

I tried Picasa, it's really good, but for me it has to much features I don't need, thats why I just use Windows thumbnails and Irfanview thumbnails :)