xisto Community
-Sky-

Images Don't Upload/work

Hi. I'm getting REALLY annoyed with this hosting. When I try upload a website (images etc) they never work at all !! Please help me fix this. :)

Yeah this is something I have been trying to help sky with.I have made the homepage for his site and all the image paths are correct when I upload it the images do not show.However when I upload it on another host exactly the same with no changes it works.What is happening !?!?!?!?!

Examples please? Could you provide us with a link to the site so we can see what is happening and what might be going wrong?

Update

OK, I'm going to assume you mean the images for the subforums on central-gaming.net. The error when you try to access the images is a 500 error, which would imply there is some issue with your .htaccess file. Take a look and see if it is still as it should be (ie. it hasn't been modified by a script).

HTAccess file below:

RewriteEngine on<Limit GET POST>#The next line modified by DenyIPorder allow,deny#The next line modified by DenyIP#deny from allallow from all</Limit><Limit PUT DELETE>order deny,allowdeny from all</Limit>Options All IndexesIndexOptions FancyIndexingRewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]AuthName central-gaming.trap17.comIndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*<Files 403.shtml>order allow,denyallow from all</Files>RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmpjpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^central-gaming.net$ [OR]RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^central-gaming.net;RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/forums\.central\-gaming\.net" [R=302,L]

That is everything in my .htaccess file in public_html. Could I get a little more help please?

RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmpjpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]
That is everything in my .htaccess file in public_html. Could I get a little more help please?
The F flag in the square brackets at the end of the RewriteRule says—given the regex—if anyone tries to directly access the images, they are to receive a 403 error. Interestingly enough, rvalkass got a 500 error when accessing them directly. This seems to imply that perhaps this isn't the .htaccess file in question, although it does show that you are not allowed to access the image files directly. If you are providing the absolute URL of the images that you want to have displayed anywhere on your site, then that would be the reason why they are not showing up, as you are apparently not meeting the "requirements" of perhaps some RewriteRule somewhere.

RewriteEngine onRewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmpjpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]

As truefusion has said, those lines should give a 403 forbidden error for any files with those extensions. The fact I got a 500 internal server error means something must be wrong with the .htaccess file and the rules it contains. As a matter of interest, why does that rule feature 5 times in the file? Surely once would be enough?

I didn't edit it. The .htaccess file was put there automatically. I don't know how it was made 5 times. What do I need to do to make them work?

For now, try removing those rules to see if the images appear on the site.And check the .htaccess file being used on the localhost copy and compare it to the 'live' site. Were the Image rules added by the site Cpanel Hotlink widget?