xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

T.v. Simulation All Text-based Game no 3d animation involved

Hi everyone. I am on a quest to make a tv simulation game with a database of real life actors (maybe pics included), and the game is to be played as if your a studio executive. Every aspect would have to be played out from buying the studio, hiring help (scriptwriters, directors, producers etc.) buying advertising, filling out the perfect time slots for your shows etc etc. What do people think of this idea. I know most people these days are in to the all out 3d mmorpg's but that is not what I am going for. I play a few text-based games online now that I love. Let me know if you like (or hate) this idea and why.

I love the idea. Make it like a regular broadcast net, such as NBC. You have your core primetime, then your news, and "The Tonight Show." Full 24-hour schedules. Always have looked for a game like this. As long as it has, give locals ~3 hrs-4 of syndi time per day, plus pick anchors for your news programs, or leave them as-is. Pick hosts for your latenight talk shows from a database. Sounds good?

Hi!If there were a television series or a movie based on the games that we play, most of them would probably break away from the storyline of the game play at some point or do something else to ruin it. Hitman, the movie, ruined it for most who played the game because it didn't capture the same feelings and emotions. There were some scenes that really did look like they were exaggerated and could have been turned humorous with a little more effort. Doom did quite well early in the story line, but in the section where they wanted to simulate the game play, it failed for that one scene.