xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
frozen.fish

Changing Main Domain On Cpanel after signing up....

Thank you so much Xisto! Got my hosting now! :) Couple of questions here;1. But I can't seem to find the option to remove my domain? I want to change my main domain, what I entered was only for registration purposes.How to do this?2. Also where can I find the A record for my domain so I can change it in it's registrar?Pardon a noob out, But i dont know how to use this Cpanel, the only option I get for domains are "subdomain", "add-on domain"(which is empty now), "parked domains" and "redirect".Need your assistance regarding this please.Thank you!

Edited by kerco (see edit history)

Many of the Domain questions you are asking have nothing to do with your Hosting account. Changing the Domain Name Servers and A records have to do with the Domain Registrar where the Domain was purchased from, not your Hosting Account.Can you describe the current domain name and how you derived the need to now substitute the Domain name? Are you running a sub-domain? What exactly do you have set-up now? and what do you want to have in place in the future? Have you submitted a ticket to the Support crew at Xisto - Support? They are the ones to ask about swapping Domains, etc.

I never new swapping domain names can take a little long..Sorry for double posting..So where can I get the IP for the A record to be placed on the domain registrar then?The domain I used with the registration was a .co.cc now I want to use my .com there. I'll submit a ticket then.. Thank you.

The domain I used with the registration was a .co.cc now I want to use my .com there. I'll submit a ticket then.. Thank you.

Well if you have a .com then use that domain as Parked domain (you can do it in cpanel) and point your name servers to Xisto - Web Hosting. Then your .com will work as main domain.

oh allright parked domain is the one to use.. :Pwhat is add-on domain for then?? Lol I really do not know this cpanel but it is the fourth time I encountered this and I do not like it. :DI love freehostia's cpanel though. but ofcourse Im sticking who has better overall service.. :) Xisto - Web Hosting