xisto Community
aloKNsh

Changing Ip Address How to change ip address

Hello every one...........i am using a asdl connection and also i think that my is dynamic ip address........................but then also whenever i login and then check my ip only the last numbers change and my location remains the same...........i want to change the ip address and i know a site where they can provide different ip address and also that for free but not sure can any one please tell me the procedure of changing the ip address.................. :)

Hello every one...........

i am using a asdl connection and also i think that my is dynamic ip address........................

but then also whenever i login and then check my ip only the last numbers change and my location remains the same...........

i want to change the ip address and i know a site where they can provide different ip address and also that for free but not sure

can any one please tell me the procedure of changing the ip address.................. Posted Image

Hi,[/font]

You can't change your Ip address if your ip address is static.Otherwise if you have Dynamic Ip Address.You can change it by Resetting your modem.You can Reset your modem and Check whether your Ip changed or not using free online sites like Ip-Details.com .If your Ip changed then your Ip is Dynamic then you can change it as you like ,if your ip doesn't change then your Ip is static.You can't change it[/font]

Edited by srirasha (see edit history)

Hi,

You can't change your Ip address if your ip address is static.Otherwise if you have Dynamic Ip Address.You can change it by Resetting your modem.You can Reset your modem and Check whether your Ip changed or not using free online sites like Ip-Details.com .If your Ip changed then your Ip is Dynamic then you can change it as you like ,if your ip doesn't change then your Ip is static.You can't change it

You responded to a pretty old topic but the information's still good. Though I disagree with your statement that you can't change the IP if it happens to be static. I had this issue in the past, and I resolved it by calling my ISP and requesting a new IP. They asked some questions about it (more or less wanted me to justify why I wanted it) and after I explained my situation to them (at this point I don't remember what it was... been many years) they set me up.

If this happens and you have a DHCP-enabled ISP, you don't even have to worry about what your IP is or how to set it -- it'll all be done on their side. I think you'll need to restart your router or PC though.