xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ash-Bash

My Cent Script?

Hello,I was just wondering if someone could make a tutorial on how to make or install a script like mycents on there forum.I know that the owner of Trap will not give out the real one for a start.- Ash.

Then why ask? :P OpaQue coded the MyCENTs script specifically for Xisto and Xisto I think. I doubt he'd make it a public script since it's made for the V3 for credit system. And also I think it's a Custom Profile Field and some php. :)

Well, it's very easy in fact. You create a new row in the posts table that is called 'Credited' with default 0 value. You create a script that will check the length of the posts messages that have 'Credited' 0 and then credit the user the cents, and then change the Credited row of the post to 1. Use Cronjobs to run this script from time to time.

Edited by Pankyy (see edit history)

Well I would like a full tutorial from a IPB expert so I have confidence in which nothing will go wrong when I install or place in the code. No offence you anyone :s:,But I really, really, really would like a tutorial on something based on this.

In theory it should be pretty straight forward but when you actually start building something like this you may find there are certain things you have omitted and will need to address. I think with anything its easy to underestimate the amount of actual work required. Not to mention the testing you need to do to ensure there are no bugs. Think about it we have a mycents script here done by a very experienced programmer and yet there are still bugs now most people are not even up to that level and talk about building it like it was easy as cake.

Well I would like a full tutorial from a IPB expert so I have confidence in which nothing will go wrong when I install or place in the code. No offence you anyone :s:,But I really, really, really would like a tutorial on something based on this.

It's hard to create a full tutorial for these kind of things since most of the forums (if not all) are from different pre-made kinds. I honestly never used IPB boards so I can't tell how to make it so accurated. When I said it was 'easy', it was the implementation. I don't think that, at least, doing what I have said down before is really hard. If you do that, and from time to time make some 'security addons' for the script, it will work smooth. I think that it's hard to do when you don't know or understand the actual boards, because the implementation will be harder that way. Please don't get wrong what I meant when I said it was 'easy'; that was for a start.
If you have some knowledge in PHP and MYSQL I can give the tips you would need to do it.
Edited by Pankyy (see edit history)

hiiiiiiiiiii ash-bashmyCents were also 447 but when i submitted a ticket to Xisto the i got a reply that the email id on Xisto and xisto to be samewhen i checked my email id at trap and at xisto they were showing same but when i submitted a ticket it was from my initial email idso when i tried to change the email id at Xisto and also at xisto to my initial email idman it worked within 10 mins i got 4 dollars credited to my acc..........so all the best and try changing your email id

I would suggest going on the Invision boards and ask for somebody to make you a script. Unless you are making a reseller account, why would you want to do it anyway? You would have to post a lot on here, and your users would have to post. Why not just have people go here?

hiiiiiiiiiii ash-bashmyCents were also 447 but when i submitted a ticket to Xisto the i got a reply that the email id on Xisto and xisto to be same
when i checked my email id at trap and at xisto they were showing same but when i submitted a ticket it was from my initial email id
so when i tried to change the email id at Xisto and also at xisto to my initial email id
man it worked within 10 mins i got 4 dollars credited to my acc..........
so all the best and try changing your email id

Well mate I think we were talking about other things here.  :)

Ash, I'm sure I've seen some plugins for forum systems that gives you gold/money/coins for post. But only for post not for the qualitty of the post and also I don't think they are readdy for simillar Xisto actions like auto withdraw money and so far.