xisto Community
frozen.fish

Best Printer Brand

Hello all,Thinking of upgrading my printer.. almost dotmatrix age.. :P and it would save more inks too i think.. so what printer brand would you recommend? preferably ink friendly. :)

Hmm Ink friendly well there is Ink Jet or Laser.I would get Laser if you would be using it a lot (School, Office usage)But for normal home Use then an Ink jet, I have always had Epson or Lexmark. Them too also seem to have good prices on the ink so you would be saving money there too :).

It depends on your budget, really.I'd go with a laser printer (HP has always worked great for me)You can end up paying 200-1,000 or more for a printer. It's how much you're willing to spend.:)

Laser Jet does'nt have ink right? I always though it burns the paper just like reciepts from McDonalds..But we have continues ink system today. so why worry of ink? :) i'm eyeing from budget printer right now since documents are mostly printed.

hey u wont believe me...........cannon pixma ip1300 js in Rs.800(INR)and cartilage refelling js for Rs.40(INR) for 200 pagesits the best brand as i think but hp is rated the best

Ink jet printers, from experience and studies on the web, do waste a whole lot of ink. However, if you are only printing very infrequently, they are a good choice to go with.While inkjet printers use ink, laser printers use toner. You do have to switch out the toner cartridge every so often. So, before you purchase, check out how expensive the toner cartridges are for the laser printer you are looking at. I've never owned a personal laser printer, since I don't print that much at home and the upfront costs are somewhat prohibitive. I've used a large number of Canon bubble jet / inkjet printers, and these are quite good. The ink cartridges are reasonable (depending on where you buy them), you can refill them at third party locations pretty easily, and they last a long time before breaking down.Regards,z.

Hello all,
Thinking of upgrading my printer.. almost dotmatrix age.. :P and it would save more inks too i think..

so what printer brand would you recommend? preferably ink friendly.

:)

well i think HP Deskjet 2400 series will do fine for you
i've been using it for a few months and i have never finding myself having trouble with it

Laser Jet does'nt have ink right? I always though it burns the paper just like reciepts from McDonalds..But we have continues ink system today. so why worry of ink? :P i'm eyeing from budget printer right now since documents are mostly printed.

Hi!

Laser printers do use ink. It's called the toner and is in powder form. The powder is attracted to a drum due to static caused by the laser - this is then transferred from the drum to the paper by heat.

Just as you would buy ink catridges for an inkjet printer, you would replace the toner for a laser printer.

BTW, the printer that McDonalds uses requires a special kind of paper - the paper is treated such that applying heat 'prints' the text onto the paper. The text tends to fade away so you can't use it to print something that you intend to keep for long. Older fax machines are similar.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy