xisto Community
chaos3932

What If I Go Away For A While

I currently have Xisto as my webhost using mycents, and I was wondering what I should do to keep my site up in the case I was gone for three months. Currently I am thinking of joining the marines to help me get my programming degree ect. So When I go into basic training I will be gone at least three months. Any Ideas as to what I could do to prepare for the day this happens? I would hate to have my account locked or removed due to inactivity. Much less the site taken down because of it. It is important to me after all :D

Your best bet is to post a lot for the next month or so, to save up MyCENTS, or post a tutorial. I don't think that accounts get deleted because of inactivity, but only get suspended if there are no MyCENTs left. I usually try to keep a few months ahead, incase if I get put into a mental institution, get stranded on an island, etc.Good luck in the military, and most of all, stay safe.

@willielwgg: In case you get put into a mental institution?? Didn't you promise you'll go next week there :D :D

@chaos3932: Don't worry dude, just post a lot for the next month, have in mind that MyCENTs won't decrease if you don't buy anything even if you aren't active at all in this forum (this wasn't the case in the previous system V2), then go to the navy and have a good luck and hang in over there :D

ps. Just post in areas that interest you, that you know the answer to or submit simply general news that you think are intriguing and aren't posted previously.

Your site would get taken down if you couldn't afford to pay the next invoice. Just make sure you either have enough myCENTs, or top up your billing account using PayPal or a credit card or something if you cannot post enough. If you have enough to cover the time you'll be away, the bills will automatically be paid and your site will stay up :D

rv, how early do the bills get paid? Mine have been being paid either 10 or 2 days before it is due, never really constant.

I believe that if you have the funds, the invoice is paid as soon as it can be. If you don't have the funds to pay it it will sit there waiting to be paid until the due date. I am invoiced yearly, so I am not sure exactly how early the monthly invoices are taken out.