xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
stefan_pavikevik

Theory Of Unlimited Life

Everybody of us know that the life is very short. So how we can extend it? How we can become immortals. Let me expand my theory. First the copmuters will be very important in our life. They will be very needed things for our everyday life. The clock is counting. So, many people will like to extend the time of their lifes. The IT tech can make it possible. So, as you now, the IT Technology is developing and developing and it will come to very high perfection. The robots will come true. Maybe they will rule the world. Okay, that is not so bad. The people are researching for other planets with life. So people can become immortals, but how? Their brain will be cloned in a machine, so that machine, robot will continue some person's life. Through the IT Technology, it will be very possible to make identically copies of people. So the people, even if they are so small, can extend their lifes in some way. After all, the IT Technology will be more biological, so it will be very easy to clone, or to make the people immortals. We can also be very small if we need to, but we'll life forever. Maybe some things will be permited, but that is not a problem. We will continue to share and realise new ideas, we will continue to look at the beauties of the life. But we will be still alive. We will know that our work helped to many people. I think it will be great if this come true. The life will be more beautiful.Hope that this will become true. :D

Talking modernly, we can change the DNA of people and possible "bad" mutation could be removed. If we change the DNA in the sperm and the egg to whatever suits the parent or who ever, then we can have customized offspring and therefore possible perfect people.Now, as to life, might it be possible to control life span in DNA or "delay death" to a later time?(Hey, even stars die (explode), and stars are not biologically living. should we give everything unlimited life?)There might be consequences as well. It is the argument of good and evil and other consequences thinkable.But I would agree to this idea. Very interesting. Do you think it is possible in real?

Don't think it's possible, atleast not in this reality. :D Because as cyber_electrons said, even stars die, tho they're not even alive. I think everything has an amount of energy and someday there's just nothing left and you die. Increasing the amount of energy is probably not possible by so much that you can live forever. You would get pretty far if they were able to increase your life energy and decrease the amount of energy you use during day.

I would highly agree with Lightning73 about energy. everything has energy. When that energy is depleted, ie no more fuel, then it is considered as dead. If you define dead as no moving, then having zero energy (at absolute zero - 0K or -273 degrees celcius) will mean that something is dead. Zero energy in this case would be zero kinetic energy.

stars life can be extended, with a so advanced technology... my point is that, technology has endless possibilities if given the time and work. And you are saying everything has energy. yes and so is this universe "reality" and I think this has an unlimited/endless source of energy, and we are living on it and therefore "we" the living things in this universe "reality" will have unlimited possibilities given the unlimited time this universe gives us. If you get what I mean, Unlimited life is so far, maybe 10000000000000000000000000000000.......... and so on years from now... as I said it, technologies has endless possibilities if given time and work.just my theory. lol

Edited by trapp17 (see edit history)

but that is all for the next generation. I thought you would present us a clever jump about how our souls could cling onto a robot or something.I want get my hands on Schroedinger?s books: Mind and Matter and What is Life? anybody ever read those?

This is an unlikely concept. Although the theory of cyrogenetics is a possibility too extend life, but only to extend to another time and then live the rest of your years.For example I'm 16, you cyrofreeze yourself now in 2009 and get thawed in 2109, your life cycle will have been suspended and now you'll live the rest of your life from 2109 onwards, although you'd be lonely, until you reach your 80's, 90's where you become weak and frail and soon die. (no offense to people that age, sometimes you can live till 120).But if I followed through with this example, I would be destroyed in the apocalypse in 2012, according to the mayan calendar. :)

This idea is ridiculously stupid (no offense). If you were to copy someone's brain into a robot, it's true that the robot would act exactly like the person and have the same memories, but it wouldn't be the same person. Your soul wouldn't travel to the new robotic brain.Also, I believe that, no matter what your religion is, you'd have to agree that immortality is directly against your god (of course, this doesn't apply if you're an atheist). Think about it: desiring immortality means that you are afraid to die, hence afraid of what happens after death. If you are a Buddhist or a Hindu, this automatically means you don't believe in your religion, because those religions clearly state that when you die, you simply are reborn as another person. If you are a Christian, a Muslim, or a Jew, it means you are afraid to enter God's kingdom, or you don't believe that you will enter God's kingdom (i.e. don't really believe in God). Sorry about the religious entry, but unless you're an atheist, chances are seeking immortality would be considered evil.

From what I can see, the universe has been around for the longest compared to other existing objects and unlimited life is impossible as the universe could end at some point of time.If we make the time between your birth and the universe's birth into x, then your available life span will be ∞-x, which will be less than infinite itself, so it isn't unlimited.

Hey zywxn, I see where you are going. But:'Since infinity isn't a number, what "minus" means isn't really clear. If we let "infinity - infinity = ?" mean "If you have infinitely things and take away infinitely many of them, how many do you have left?", there are a lot of things the answer could be.In short, the notion of subtracting with infinity isn't really defined.You can't really do it, and if you could, the answer wouldn't mean much.'So mathematically speaking, ∞ - x = ∞.It might just mean that it's not as long as the longest but still 'unthinkably' long... (can't think of other more suitable wordds this instance.

Hey zywxn, I see where you are going.

But:

'Since infinity isn't a number, what "minus" means isn't really clear.

If we let "infinity - infinity = ?" mean "If you have infinitely things

and take away infinitely many of them, how many do you have left?",

there are a lot of things the answer could be.

In short, the notion of subtracting with infinity isn't really defined.

You can't really do it, and if you could, the answer wouldn't mean

much.'

So mathematically speaking, ∞ - x = ∞.

It might just mean that it's not as long as the longest but still 'unthinkably' long... (can't think of other more suitable wordds this instance.

OMG Really, thats an interesting concept.

Although instead of thinking mathematically, think Astronomy.

It is calculated that the universe is 14.5 Billion years old and that our Sun (Sol) is 4.4 Billion [roughly]

Now life has taken over 14 Billion years to evolve, well really thats all we know. What was there before the "Big Bang", life had to exist then. You never know the Universe, what we know today may have happened already. And what we experience today is part of a cycle, similar to the water cycle :)

Let me explain.

As we know the universe started over 14 Billion years ago.

Now my theory is that The life we live today already existed before our Big Bang (14 billion years ago).

Now this means that the life before the "Big Bang" Experienced the "Big Crunch" which is the end of the Universe, where gravity does its job and brings the galaxies together again.

Now the cycle goes like this (simplified version)

Big Bang > Formation of galaxies > Formation of Planets > Life > Evolution of Life > Advanced Evolution (we have not encountered this, basically what we now believe to be Sci-Fi) > Big Crunch.

So finally I conclude with saying that life is Infinite through a Cycle.

Although back to a previous topic I said that there's a possibility of Dimensions, That there could be a different dimension for every second, of every day of every month and so on. Then couldn't imagine what happens. Then forget about what I just said. :P

if the absolute zero could be obtained, thats 0 ?K, the temperature at which electrons stop moving... all of this could be possible. Why? because you could find the exact position of electrons. You could even manipulate a person's knowledge, you could even change the composition of atoms. Transform hydrogen atoms into any other element is possible in that way. Also if the electrons in your brain stop moving you would be dead for a time but, all the "information", "knowledge", "electric impulses", "neuronal connections"; whatever you want to call them, could be extracted from your brain. Resulting in either capturing it into a machine, or even making an inorganic brain that is capable of reasoning without getting old! A true cyborg. This wouldn't only work with your brain, its also very possible that this would allow the creation of organic organs and bodies that last longer than a normal body. And the best part, they would be renewable! That way we could live forever... just imagine. What? we running out of natural resources? well guess what you can manipulate the electrons, protons and neutrons of hydrogen atoms and transform them into ANYTHING!... As good as this might sound, obtaining the "absolute zero" is currently impossible with our current knowledge an technology. And its also very unlikely to ever happen. If it ever happens I hope I can live to see it =)