xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mizako

Web Site Price

Hi,This week, i will have an interview to get a contract to build a website for a photographic center. The photographic center is part of the spanish state so they pay pretty well. They want to show a lot of photo expositions and special characteristics like avoiding web site image printing and stuff like that. They will may want also a shopping chart but they are not sure. I want to give them an impresion of a cheap designer to get it but also a proffesional one. How much money would you ask for a web site design (lets say quite big)?How much would you ask for the shopping chart addition?Please ask me as soon as possible.Thanks in advanced for all the answers,I really appreciate.Sergio del Amo

Well if your thinking big then I would say in the $500.00 -> $1,000.00. Somewhere around there. I hope that helps a little. :D:D

It would be good to go look at specific design websites. They would probably do a great proffesional job. Uhm, I can't give you any specific links, but usually if a website's template was designed by a designer company, they would have their link at the bottom of the page, "Designed by." When you see that click on it and it would most likely lead you to a specific website that designs websites and you can find prices there. Sometimes they are expensive $500+. Sometimes they are around $100. It just depends on the person and what you want done.

How much money would you ask for a web site design (lets say quite big)?

I don't really understand what your contract might include. Is it just design, or build as well. And do you want us to give you suggestions for pricing of just designing or both design and build?

If it's design and build, we need to know if you're going to add a CMS for the management of photographs and other things on the site and if so how complex it will be. There are so many things you need to take into consideration that it's very hard for us to give you good advice, especially since we have no idea what your normal pricing range is.

It is the design and build. I still do not what do they want exactly but it seems they want a big site.

I don't really understand what your contract might include. Is it just design, or build as well. And do you want us to give you suggestions for pricing of just designing or both design and build?

If it's design and build, we need to know if you're going to add a CMS for the management of photographs and other things on the site and if so how complex it will be. There are so many things you need to take into consideration that it's very hard for us to give you good advice, especially since we have no idea what your normal pricing range is.

45467[/snapback]

if you really want to know. just call up 2 places that do websites and tell them what you want. Ask for a quote and you'll have a price.pick one place that is expensive and one place that is cheap. that way you can come somewhere in between and it won't be like you are cheating anyone.

pricing would depend on many factors, here are the two most important ones:1. deliverables - determine what you need to deliver to your clients first. jot down a breakdown of things they expect in contracting you: web design, web programming, web hosting, domain registration, etc.2. competition - what does your established competitions offer? prices vary from area to area, so scout for some pricing in your location. (why them? because they are the most likely people your client will go to if they don't get you after all.) then make an average offer based on their price quotations. as no9t9 mentioned, "somewhere in between" is the way you should follow. :D if your client asks why yours is a bit higher than some of your competition, then you can just point out that you will deliver quality. :Djust make sure that you can deliver on what you promise, based on the price you finally give them. :D and give support whenever they require it. good custromer service, in essence. B)

Hi,First of all, thanks for your answer guys and sorry for my delay in answering but i have been really occupied. I spoke with my client and at the end the deliverables will include everything mentioned by serverph. I mean:- Web design, , web programming, hosting and domain registration.I investigate about competitions offers. I have only info about one. It is pretty expensive and they do not include a lot of extras that i can not achieve. The client told me that and finally if they considered that the thecnical quality remains almost the same (and they do not have a lot of knowledge to decide this) they will give the project to the cheapest one.The most surprising thing, they told me is that if the price of my offer is 25% smaller than the others they will discard my offer considering it not good enough.I will let you know about the end of this story.Regards,Sergio del Amo

The most surprising thing, they told me is that if the price of my offer is 25% smaller than the others they will discard my offer considering it not good enough.

It's not that surprising. This is exactly the reason why I suggested you go ask around for quotes. If you are too cheap... the "too good to be true" factor kicks in and people will start to have doubts. They start asking themselves, "why are they so cheap?" They will lose trust in a company that is "too cheap".

Imagine a guy selling a sports car with all the bells and whistles in it for a REALLY cheap price. Your first reaction is "what's wrong with it?"...