xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
noxit

Setting up easyPHP on your local computer tutorial

Someone was asking in the forums about downloading the PHP/mySQL and apache Server ..seperately...thst is a real headache ..Well.. today we'll learn how to install and run a program called EasyPHP. It is a combination of some common free web server software that put together into an easy to install package. Normally to download and install each separate component can take a long time, plus be a headache to configure them to work together properly. Please note that it's a French Software.
It includes:
1. MySQL Database System
2. Apache Web Server
3. PHP Programming Language
4. PHP MyAdmin Database Interface
That means you'll be able to run PHP or any other SQL DB driven PHP script after installing a single package straight away.

Downloading: Go to http://www.easyphp.org/ and download the package straight away

INSTALLING:
1. Run the 'EXE' file. This is the file you downloaded from the web site. An alart box will apear, click "yes" to continue.

2.Welcome Screen will appear. Click Next.

3. Accept the License Agreement.

4. After going thru the Warning Screen, select the install directory. I'd recommend you guys not to use the default path that install the program in the Program Files. Use a shorter path like C:\EasyPHP, I tell you you it will help ya in future.

5.Confirm the settings and click INSTALL

6. After finishing the main installation, it will show you some extra informations. Click NEXT to continue.

10. The final screen will ask if you would like to launch the welcome html page and also launch the program. Leave 'ouvrir la page d'accueil' checked if you would like to view the welcome page. Note that this page is in French. Click FINISH.

RUNNING:
1. Find the EasyPHP folder and there click on the EasyPHP icon to run the package.

2. You'll see say "E with a dot" type of icon in the system tray if the program starts. Check if the red dot is blinking in the system tray, that ensures that the package is running without any error.

TESTING:
1. Launch any internet browser and type HTTP://LOCALHOST in the address bar, please note that the local IP will also work in this case instead of LOCALHOST. Press ENTER. You'll se the EasyPHP welcome Screen if everything is ok.

CONFIGURING APACHE:
You'll have to edit the Apache Configuration File to point your webserver as well as the package to the right dir/index.html file so that whenever you or a visitor types your IP in his/your address bar, the right page appears.

1.To configure the Apache File please go thru C:\EasyPHP\apache\conf\ and open the HTTP.CONF file. Find the "DocumentRoot "C:/EasyPHP/www" and the <Directory "C:/EasyPHP/www"> lines and replace the path. For example, if you have your index.html file in the folder "Web" on the drive D:, replace those lines with "DocumentRoot "D:/Web" and "<Directory D:/Web">.

2. Restart EasyPHP. Open your browser and type http://localhost or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to check if the new setting is working

3. If you see the setting's working, start implenting PHP and MySQL scripts right away. And for the MySQL admin as well as for the PHPmyAdmin Page, go to http://localhost/mysql .

Hope this helps you. especially you chelcy .. B)

Someone was asking in the forums about downloading the PHP/mySQL and apache Server ..seperately...thst is a real headache ..Well.. today we'll learn how to install and run a program called EasyPHP. It is a combination of some common free web server software that put together into an easy to install package. Normally to download and install each separate component can take a long time, plus be a headache to configure them to work together properly. Please note that it's a French Software.

It includes:

1. MySQL Database System

2. Apache Web Server

3. PHP Programming Language

4. PHP MyAdmin Database Interface

That means you'll be able to run PHP or any other SQL DB driven PHP script after installing a single package straight away.

Downloading: Go to http://www.easyphp.org/ and download the package straight away

INSTALLING:

1. Run the 'EXE' file. This is the file you downloaded from the web site. An alart box will apear, click "yes" to continue.

2.Welcome Screen will appear. Click Next.

3. Accept the License Agreement.

4. After going thru the Warning Screen, select the install directory. I'd recommend you guys not to use the default path that install the program in the Program Files. Use a shorter path like C:\EasyPHP, I tell you you it will help ya in future.

5.Confirm the settings and click INSTALL

6. After finishing the main installation, it will show you some extra informations. Click NEXT to continue.

10. The final screen will ask if you would like to launch the welcome html page and also launch the program. Leave 'ouvrir la page d'accueil' checked if you would like to view the welcome page. Note that this page is in French. Click FINISH.

RUNNING:

1. Find the EasyPHP folder and there click on the EasyPHP icon to run the package.

2. You'll see say "E with a dot" type of icon in the system tray if the program starts. Check if the red dot is blinking in the system tray, that ensures that the package is running without any error.

TESTING:

1. Launch any internet browser and type HTTP://LOCALHOSTin the address bar, please note that the local IP will also work in this case instead of LOCALHOST. Press ENTER. You'll se the EasyPHP welcome Screen if everything is ok.

CONFIGURING APACHE:

You'll have to edit the Apache Configuration File to point your webserver as well as the package to the right dir/index.html file so that whenever you or a visitor types your IP in his/your address bar, the right page appears.

1.To configure the Apache File please go thru C:\EasyPHP\apache\conf\ and open the HTTP.CONF file. Find the "DocumentRoot "C:/EasyPHP/www" and the <Directory "C:/EasyPHP/www"> lines and replace the path. For example, if you have your index.html file in the folder "Web" on the drive D:, replace those lines with "DocumentRoot "D:/Web" and "<Directory D:/Web">.

2. Restart EasyPHP. Open your browser and type LOCALHOST or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to check if the new setting is working

3. If you see the setting's working, start implenting PHP and MySQL scripts right away. And for the MySQL admin as well as for the PHPmyAdmin Page, go to localhost/mysql/ .

Hope this helps you. especially you chelcy .. :P

This tutorial seems very good but we have also another two option for easy php and mysql installation.

you can use for it wamp server for that.

this is .exe installer so easy to install. it has phpmyadmin for database.

when installation complete run wamp server.

then simply you can see the php information do step 2 above.

http://localhost

when you want to use mysql using phpmyadmin you will see there is message saying

The red words in the above window is " Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account. Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole."

To solve this problem do the following steps.

Left click on tray icon of WAMP Server - Mysql - Mysql console.

Now it open Dos window Just Press Enter.

and Type SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('passwd'); and Press Enter (Note: you need to put your password instead of passwd)

Now go and search file config.inc.php on your installation directory (In my computer this file is located at C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin2.11.6)

Open config.inc.php file ( you can open it with notpad for easy) then find: $cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; and insert your password in the above ''. Save your config.inc.php.

Now open your phpmyadmin on your brower you solve this problem. Enjoy the environment of php and mysql for testing your website.

Very nice tutorial, I learned so much through this. Thanks for making a topic about this. I have been using mysql a lot because of my new forum this has really helped me out thanks I hope to see you making more like this.

Very nice tutorial there noxit. Took time to read it all, but got to the end eventually. :lol: Issn't this just like normal php? I don't see the difference. :/