xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aloKNsh

Installing Xp From Pendrive How to boot XP from pendrive&#

Hey i own an original XP cdbut my cd rom is not working.so i want to install a new fresh copy of XP and i have a pendrive and i have also heard that we can install XP from pendrive so plz tell me the prodecudre of installing XP from the pendrive. and please donot reply me or telling me to cange my cd rom or get it repaired.Thank you very much!

I would imagine that if you had access to another computer with a CD-ROM drive, or better yet, have an external optical drive, you could just copy the files over from an XP install disc and format your USB stick with a boot image. (Use a program like ISOBuster to rip the boot image from your XP disc, then use a program like Live USB Helper to put that boot image onto your USB drive.) This won't work though if your BIOS doesn't support booting from USB... but your computer would have to be quite the dinosaur to not support that. :D The link that Puneye provided sounds like it's explaining how to install and boot Windows XP FROM a USB drive and not what you're looking to do.Personally, I would fork over the $20 for a new internal CD-ROM drive. You can pick a x52 speed for that price nowadays, since all the rage is now focused on combo drives, rewritables, and DVD-ROMs.

First of all i need to guide you regarding posting. I guess instead of posting 2 diffrent post above you could have very well edited your old post , and could have updated it. So comming to your Query , I guess there is a possiblity to boot a computer using a USB drive ( MSDOS ) and then after booting from pendrive you will be led to the command prompt . Here in the command promt you are free to execute any exe files. If you have the windows setup file in the same pendrive or in a different one , you can just go and execute it through command promt. But i am not very sure whether this tech will work because by default inorder to install Windows you have to Boot from that CD and then only you can run a full fledged setup.But anyway you can try out the above referenced tutorialOn the other hand there is an option. Just copy all the contents of the windows CD in the pendrive and login to the operating system you are currently running . Then insert the pendrive and just run the win xp setup from the pendrive ( Note: For this you have to have your previous operating system working on your computer )

Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)

how to pen drive via xp bootInstalling Xp From Pendrive

Dear sir :

how to install xp pendrive via booting  how to  any soft ware please help me sir

Thanks

Bala krishnan.R