xisto Community
cyber_electrons

Particle Rebuilder, Light Speed Movement Something like teleporters etc.

I have heard about teleporting things from one place to another (sci-fi).I am just wondering if those teleporters are actually breaking down, for example a person, the material into single particles and send them through ????? and rebuild the broken down particles in destination. (Can't think of existing things to replace the ?????)Or are teleporters sending the object at incredible speeds and reaching destination seems like in an instant?Reply your ideas and opinions! :D

Nope, it isn't possible.1. Tearing tissue apart is NOT possible without killing the animal you're "teleporting"!2. Even if you could do that, transforming physical object into waves is impossible.3. Nothing can move faster than light, so it would be pointless except if you don't have your little scifi spaceship that can move in the speed of light.4. Turning waves back into a physical object is impossible.5. Even if all that crap would be possible you would probably go through electromagnetic clouds in space and just get destroyed.6. Waves don't keep their form, they expand, so if you don't have a tube that reflects the waves back you'll be all over the space.7. STOP WATCHING THAT SCI-FI CRAP, I know you know the stuff in them aren't possible, but if that kind of BS makes you think about stupid stuff, STOP WATCHING IT! The real world is far more intersting!

Edited by baniboy (see edit history)

I am just wondering if those teleporters are actually breaking down, for example a person, the material into single particles and send them through ????? and rebuild the broken down particles in destination. (Can't think of existing things to replace the ?????)

The generally accepted theory is that a teleporter would not actually transport the particles, but would copy their exact properties to some particles at the destination. That way, no actual matter is moved around, just information about it.

2. Even if you could do that, transforming physical object into waves is impossible.

Actually, you are currently represented by a wave. There is also a simple equation to work out your wavelength. Electrons are also waves, otherwise the atoms inside you would collapse at an incredible speed.

The generally accepted theory is that a teleporter would not actually transport the particles, but would copy their exact properties to some particles at the destination. That way, no actual matter is moved around, just information about it.

Actually, you are currently represented by a wave. There is also a simple equation to work out your wavelength. Electrons are also waves, otherwise the atoms inside you would collapse at an incredible speed.

Dude, I meant like a wave wave you know, I don't know how to say it in English. What I meant was to transformit into a radio wave/light wave so it could travel through space.

Anyways, even if it just transfered information about the object, the information would have many light years to travel, and even if it reached it's destination, just by rebuilding a LIVING object doesn't actually make it LIVING. Science hasn't yet the ability to create complicated life from just the particles and I think it never will, I also think it never should!

Dude, I meant like a wave wave you know, I don't know how to say it in English. What I meant was to transformit into a radio wave/light wave so it could travel through space.

You mean electromagnetic waves maybe?

Science hasn't yet the ability to create complicated life from just the particles ...

Of course humans do not have the ability to create or discover such complicated science to recreate life from just the particles. It will still be imaginations now. Open up your mind and more ideas will come out. In the future, when humans do discover such technology then it will no longer be just imagination.

But as we all know, the possibililty for such technology and science is relatively low...

You mean electromagnetic waves maybe?

Of course humans do not have the ability to create or discover such complicated science to recreate life from just the particles. It will still be imaginations now. Open up your mind and more ideas will come out. In the future, when humans do discover such technology then it will no longer be just imagination.

But as we all know, the possibililty for such technology and science is relatively low...

I was just being realistic! I have imagination!

And I didn't mean electromagnetic waves in general, SINCE EVERYTHING KEPT TOGETHER BY ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES.
Waves have the way to expand in space so it'll be impossible to actually collect the information from them after they've travelled a few light years.

Waves have the way to expand in space so it'll be impossible to actually collect the information from them after they've travelled a few light years.

And therefore the success rate of one "teleport" attempt would be very low. It will be a miracle to get to destination in one piece, or even a single atom reaching destination.

mmm, In order to receive the "waves" there must be a receiver. Need to put the receiver in place in the first place....

Now, any ideas about close range teleport? Such as no need for travelling light years?

(I will accept your realism and facts, but just to keep imagination going for now.)

SINCE EVERYTHING KEPT TOGETHER BY ELECTROMAGNETIC WAVES.

I thought it was the magnetic field that keeps everything in place... and I don't think the field is a wave.
Edited by cyber_electrons (see edit history)

And therefore the success rate of one "teleport" attempt would be very low. It will be a miracle to get to destination in one piece, or even a single atom reaching destination.
mmm, In order to receive the "waves" there must be a receiver. Need to put the receiver in place in the first place....

Now, any ideas about close range teleport? Such as no need for travelling light years?

(I will accept your realism and facts, but just to keep imagination going for now.)

I thought it was the magnetic field that keeps everything in place... and I don't think the field is a wave.

I didn't mean magnetism, I meant that every IS represented by waves, if something has the 2x the wavelength than us, we will not be able to
see, touch, hear... it.

So yea there might really be a whole another world in there and you won't be actually able to get any information of it.
I agree with the imagination, since you can't actually invent anything if you believe it's impossible. But it has to have limits!