xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harrison858

School~what Sucks And What's Awesome? What Do You Remember? What are your opinions on school? What do you remember?

I dont hate school... I just don't like several things. Please read what I have to say below and give me your comments.

School is great for the most part, but there are some things that I absolutely dislike. For example, homework. I dont hate homework, I just hate it when I have a lot of homework assignments hit me at the same time, or when theres a stack of homework from one teacher, but its easy work. A lot of times, this happens to me. You get a lot of very easy homework, yet you get easily distracted, or it takes too long. Like math.

Theres always a teacher that makes the class boring, with no sense of excitement in his or her tone. I guess it depends on your teachers. I hate it when you have teachers, that could actually bore you to death.

Stubborn Teachers - The living hell.. (lol)

I dont mean the once in awhile stubborness that we all have, I mean serious issues. In 6th grade I had the most stubborn math teacher EVER. Everyone hated her, even some of the other teachers. She was mean, AND stubborn. At the end of the year she got fired from our school, (yay), because she was sending too many people to the office for stupid reasons, which annoyed the administrators. Speaking about that, she actually back-talked to our principal, and I guess that led to her firing. Woot.

Not all teachers are mean or boring though. Here are some good things about school that I remember:

My AWESOME Language Arts teacher. Now, when you think of Language Arts or Reading, you may think, "How in the world do you like a dead subject like Language Arts?", no offense to the people that like it, but again, it depends on your teacher. In 6th grade, for example, I had the most boring teacher ever, which she did everything by the book. SHE READ ALL HER SPEECH FROM THE BOOK. Yes, this was how boring the actually was. Reading scripts from a book... The most she ever did outside of reading scripts was 'Good Morning' or "Bye."

To get back on the good side though, I had a cool 7th grade language arts teacher who was so into the subject, in a fun way. He did things differently, not by the book. He had some acting skills too, and he could imitate a lot of accents that are found throughout the world. We did some acting in the class. For all the shy people that had his class, by the end of the year, they were actually talking very openly.

Learning interesting things in Social Studies, 6th Grade:

In my year of 6th grade, I can still remember how much fun we had in Geography. This teacher was amazing. He had just started teaching in Florida for the first year, so he was just getting settled in. In our class I could still remember him actually dissing the class, but in a way that wouldn't be mean, just funny. We learned many interesting things that year, and almost everything we learned was followed by an experiment or interactive study. For example, after we learned about the World Wars, we would watch a movie on it, which by the way, was cool also. After that, though, we would have a group project on it, making models of almost everything that we knew about the world wars.

I think the most fun we had in that class that year was learning about the Korean War. Personally, I liked learning about politics, so I guess you could tell what I was thinking about. We watched a movie on that, too, as usual. But after that, we had a unique project. We were supposed to draw our own Korea ourselves, so he gave us 1 whole month to do it. There were many creative projects, I wish I could've taken pictures of them and uploaded it onto this post.

I conclude that school can be fun, but the pile of homework is a pain.

So, I probably have shared like less than 10% of my childhood education memories, so I want to know what interesting things you remember, or what comments you have on my post. I will be adding more shortly, and you're probably like "WTF?, whats the point of this post?" because its not done yet.

Edited by harrison858 (see edit history)

When i was in my school days i want to get out of school by some how. meaning i want to complete my school studies, but now i am crazy to go back to school again ,when ever i pass by my school where i studied, i remember the golden moments. So friends who are doing their schooling now please dont regret , dont miss to have fun , enjoy to the core.

Edited by nirmaldaniel (see edit history)

I would have to say one of the best teachers I have ever had is my math teacher from last semester.He is an excellent teacher and I learned a lot that I probably would not have had I been taught by any other teacher. He is able to keep you attention and is always willing to explore students questions very deeply. Sometimes we would often go off on tangents as a class simply for the sake of learning more about mathematical principles, etc.I think he is a great teacher, and hopefully, I will be under his instruction for math and physics courses that I take in the future. Now.... the worst teacher... hmm lolAs far as the worse teacher I have ever had... All my teachers have actually been pretty decent, so I haven't had any horrible experiences with teachers.

I have never had a teacher that was horrible, but I simply hated the subjects they taught. I have a history teacher that has alot of funny sarcasm, he makes the class fun, as learning about history can get boring.The only thing I really hate about school is the homework and the bullies. Although I don't get the homework very often, it's the bullies that I simply don't like. I love watching fights, but I would hate being in the middle of the fight..

Edited by bobinator94 (see edit history)

Well I find my school is kinda cool because I have many friends there, I am very popular and we have a fish and chip shop right out side the gates :D Every one loves it there because Of all our friends and gangs with have. Its not a ***** school trust me!

I have good memories of school... It was a while ago though.What I liked the most was the friendship with my classmates... I'm still friends with at least 10 of my old classmates. I remember to have the best teacher of the world too... He was such a great teacher and a precious friend.And what I hated... HOME WORK! I hated it so much... and waking up so early... I had to be at school at 7.45 am. I hated that. I was like... allergic to mornings... LOL

At my old high school half the teaching staff hated their jobs. It wasnt because it was a bad school, but more so a disagreement regarding salary. As a result what we received from them was bland and uninspiring. I remember in my later years in high school discovering that they would often verbally fight amongst each other, particularly after class times. Apparently they had a fridge in the school staff room; which had much more alchohol in it than you would expect. It was unfortunate for a lot of us students to have teachers that couldnt give a hoot.