xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
novic_1223

Computer Problem

Please be more specific in your description of the problem. What do you mean by accessing directly or indirectly? Are you booting into Safe Mode to access the drives (which you call indirectly)? As far as what I know there is a script or some sort of it which infects the removable drives and blocks any read or write process on it. And the interesting thing is that it is not detected by antivirus programs. The program sits in drive as hidden file and autoruns when the drive is plugged in. Its name is "Macrosoft Corporation". I had this problem on my PC long back. The files copied from other computer would just not show up in my PC. Finally I got rid of it when I reinstalled C:\ drive and to protect it from entering in the future I created a blank "autorun.inf" file attributed as read only. Since then I haven't faced the problem again. Hope this might help you to troubleshoot your problem.

Come to think of read/write access have you checked the status of your access rights? try checking all the properties on the drive with the right click>properties or check for a lock switch on the device. Just a little tiny switch that makes it read-only.You need to be more specific about what "indirectly" means as i have no idea what you mean!

I think, accessing by indirectly he means entering the drive letter (for example G: ) in the Explorer Address bar or something like that. Most probably its a virus as told by pasten. Some of my friends had this virus in their system. Please download a latest antivirus (I suggest Avira Antivirus free) and scan your system completely. Then Format your removable disk. Your drive will work normal after formatting.

I have some knowledge for removing viruses, if you still think you have the virus and need some help, post back again, I have no problem in helping you; you would need to download a few light softwares.