xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Who Is God just who or what is God to you?

God is infinity in all dimensions. To me, God is the force that relates to me and only me and is also guiding force in my willful actions. It goes beyond my thoughts and he takes care of me while I sleep. I see his force in the people I love the most and the more I try to understand God, the more I find myself puzzled.
Talking in larger scale, he is the Generator Operator Destroyer and I feel he is the sole cause of everything planet Earth has seen.

If God is the creator of everything, it raises some issues. "Creation" in its common, everyday sense is "organizing things that already exist in a particular order". In the case of God's creation, how can he "create" without these source components? If we argue that God made everything out of nothing, isn't that a strange impossibility? If we accept this idea as a fact, our today's science's are just child's play...

Next problem is the WHY? Why God created the universe? Seeing the injustice and suffering around me, I cannot accept that creation was a noble process... What was God's intention in creating this universe? The common belief that he wanted man to search and find him sounds strange, as he made man and he want man to find himself! What for?

The concept of operation and destruction is also the same... What is the purpose?

I think, I may not be able to answer the original question... "Who is God" but I can answer it in a negative way, "Who is not God". Let the discussion develop to more subtle ideas...

If God is the creator of everything, it raises some issues. "Creation" in its common, everyday sense is "organizing things that already exist in a particular order". In the case of God's creation, how can he "create" without these source components? If we argue that God made everything out of nothing, isn't that a strange impossibility? If we accept this idea as a fact, our today's science's are just child's play...

The "issues" you believe that God being the Creator of all matter brings up can be easily done away with by assuming a definition of "creation" that is not limited to human "creation." In other words, don't place God on a human level. You use a definition for "creation" that assumes creation already existing. However, how can there be anything else in existence than God if God was the one that brought these things into existence? Your definition creates a paradox by excluding God being the Creator of matter.
By assuming that "creation" means "bringing something into existence which didn't already exist" and using the word "manipulation" for human "creation," you can avoid a lot of problems, therefore making things logical.

who is god. first of all. is there a god? i personally don't know. i do find myself once in a blue moon, praying to a god that i don't even know exists or not. is god a he or a she? i believe everything has balance so if there is only one god, then god is neither he or she....or possibly taking on both forms and genders. is there more than one god?i don't believe so, but i do believe in more than one higher power.god to me is a word people don't truely understand and a reason to believe in something other than our own selves where religions take advantage of it and created this word to have a different meaning than it's true purpose.god to me IS an energy that connects everything and everybody. god is nature and god surounds us. god is not religious and god is definately not related to any religion as much as religions want to relate themselves to god.my confusion of who god is and if there is a god comes from man made religions who try to preach one way for everybody when in fact, i truely believe god is more of a spiritual being that has the ability to affect people differently depending on the person or soul. an effect that no religion can ever offer anyone...except for your strong personal belief and understanding with god and nature. as all a religion is, is a strong belief.i believe god is inside us all and i believe that not only are we(everything that is) god's creation, we are a part of god. thus, we are related in the same energy. cutting down a tree isn't destroying god as the energy will still be present to reincarnate. just like when a person dies, god doesn't die. that's ridiculous thinking.this is one area i have very little words because it's hard to put what i truely believe in to words. my beliefs are there and to put them to words would not give my beliefs justice. i just know they are there. they are not just inside my head, but my soul.i don't believe in worshiping any god. but i do believe in unselfish prayer. i believe we all have the ability to talk to god as long as we understand what truely surounds us and is inside us all. because if you don't at least understand what is inside you and surounds you, who are you really talking to when it takes your heart and soul to talk to god. a strong belief that can only come from you. not what was taught in any church. i don;'t believe in churches only because i believe we have the ability to create our own "churches" and our own relationship to god. a priest or minister can only teach through their own relationship to god. not for anyone elses relationship.the bible? i believe in some of it but if all the books were to be burned tomorrow, never to be read again, i wouldn't lose any sleep as the most important parts of the bible are already inside of me....never to be lost or misunderstood. what's inside me can never be considered lies or misconceptions as part of the bible holds for interesting reading. what is inside me is truth....and i believe god has shared that with me and i also believe that it's not to be understood by anyone but me. nor will i ever expect anyone else to understand what is inside me as much as i sometimes wish people were able.

The "issues" you believe that God being the Creator of all matter brings up can be easily done away with by assuming a definition of "creation" that is not limited to human "creation." In other words, don't place God on a human level. You use a definition for "creation" that assumes creation already existing. However, how can there be anything else in existence than God if God was the one that brought these things into existence? Your definition creates a paradox by excluding God being the Creator of matter.
By assuming that "creation" means "bringing something into existence which didn't already exist" and using the word "manipulation" for human "creation," you can avoid a lot of problems, therefore making things logical.

Well, even the title of this topic can be classified as "prejudicial" as it asks Who is God, as this question presupposes that there is a god and the seeker does not know what he is.

Yes, things are logical if we could believe that there is a creator God... It, of course, helps us to avoid lots of problems. But is that enough? We humans are inquisitive in nature and therefor none of us could find real peace of mind from mere belief in a personal or impersonal God. In my opinion, that comes only when we "realize the truth", as said by Lord Jesus and as proclaimed by all schools of philosophy in India.

We must "see" God, or more precisely "be" God... Then, perhaps, all paradoxes are resolved...

Well, even the title of this topic can be classified as "prejudicial" as it asks Who is God, as this question presupposes that there is a god and the seeker does not know what he is.

That's only if you consider the topic title alone. If you bring in the sub-title, then you'll run into the words "to you," which removes the presupposition of an existing God as is normally described.

Yes, things are logical if we could believe that there is a creator God... It, of course, helps us to avoid lots of problems. But is that enough? We humans are inquisitive in nature and therefor none of us could find real peace of mind from mere belief in a personal or impersonal God. In my opinion, that comes only when we "realize the truth", as said by Lord Jesus and as proclaimed by all schools of philosophy in India.

The only reason i can think of for wanting to re-solve a problem would be merely for efficiency. Why else would someone attempt to solve a problem that is already solved? If the solution to a problem was merely wishful thinking, then, sure, it may not last forever. However, if it is truly a solution, calling it a belief is only rhetoric.
While the Lord Jesus may have said "the truth shall set you free" (John 8:32), you will not find him stating such within a context that allows for practically other possibilities.

We must "see" God, or more precisely "be" God... Then, perhaps, all paradoxes are resolved...

As in the field of science, one need not see something to declare its existence; its effects in life is generally enough.