xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

What Is Unchrome?

Let me call this a tech-Zap !We all know about the revolutionary browser CHROME and how google boasted of its hi-fi security-based browsing feature called INCOGNITO mode.But wait! Can it be a googly?Chances are bleak but highly possible.Let me talk about UNCHROME which may sound rather contradictory.The creators of UNCHROME claim that the installation of Google Chrome contains a unique ID that allows to identify its user(What For??? Now thats an creepy question to all you security-loving geeks),and that Google doesn't make it an easy job to remove this ID makes the issue hog the limelight.The creators of UNCHROME claim that they can actually help you to remove this "ID" by replacing it with null values so that the browser cannot be identified any further.Also the functionality of Google Chrome will not be affected by it and all you need to do is to install UNCHROME once.So all ye CHROME users-- Big Ben is watching ! Get safe ! :D

The browser war is too hot to handle and therefore I chose to steer clear of the new and untested ones. This is a clear case where Google did its best to come up for the future needs. Chrome lacks in many ways but s good if you use Google apps a lot.The Mozilla is a better solution in many ways not to be listed but with IE you are at home. The only problem being that your home is without roof and when it rains you get all wet. IE has more security holes than a sponge.The chrome does keep your information hidden somewhere, not sure if Google does collect it, to keep your search and actions more related to you. The threat is here as all you personal behavior are available for grab easily if some one knows how to get access to chrome data.

I heard something about Chrome using some kind of ID, but as I know the application is open-source or part of it is? I never got into it, but seems unchrome can help anonymize your browsing, even though when using google web apps, if you have a cookie to one service, you usually get logged in on other apps too, besides they log all your google search keywords which most of people does not know when you login to see them, so it's really good for police and other people to know what you're searching for, for example they know if you recently searched for how to make a bomb or how to grow up weed in your yard or how to make something which is against the law, even for this kind of things, you should clear private data, cookies and etc. use Internet explorer or unchrome with google chrome and use a anonymous proxy :D :D which most of people just don't do and gets in trouble, as they don't protect their data and privacy. I read in newspapers that those google keywords helped to get some people to get a sue. :P

I heard something about Chrome using some kind of ID, but as I know the application is open-source or part of it is? I never got into it, but seems unchrome can help anonymize your browsing, even though when using google web apps, if you have a cookie to one service, you usually get logged in on other apps too, besides they log all your google search keywords which most of people does not know when you login to see them, so it's really good for police and other people to know what you're searching for, for example they know if you recently searched for how to make a bomb or how to grow up weed in your yard or how to make something which is against the law, even for this kind of things, you should clear private data, cookies and etc. use Internet explorer or unchrome with google chrome and use a anonymous proxy :D :D which most of people just don't do and gets in trouble, as they don't protect their data and privacy. I read in newspapers that those google keywords helped to get some people to get a sue. :P

It all breaks down into the invasion of privacy thing. The sad part is that people agreed to pass the laws that cut down on privacy and it's going to continue to get worse.

At some point we will be able to do nothing without being spied on. Whether it be online, in RL, etc.

There was a news report a couple years back of Dallas Texas and cameras all over the city. They can literally follow you while you walk around the city, and even follow you into buildings and see where you go/what you do, all from inside a central office.

It's just disturbing. You can't go online without being followed, you can't go anywhere in RL w/out being followed.

I just wondered how that chrome ID works? If I reinstall my OS, at this case Windows, I install Google chrome again and it gives me a different ID? or when I login to some google service again with Chrome, it knows that and oh Whola, it's Quatrux again and gives me back the previous ID and logs all my data again? :P :DMaybe thats the reason in google TOS (terms of service) that it's forbidden to share your google services with other people, even your family and friends.. that would explain something ;]a bit of topic: I agree about the cameras thing too, in most of places there are cameras recording data, especially in the city, cameras are on the corners of buildings, inside buildings, especially all the shops.. Some time ago they've finished in my a city a project, where on almost every crossroad they've put new traffic-lights and cameras to watch traffic, so every time I walk, they have it recorded, OMG! Even though as I know in London it's even worse with the cameras all around you, sometimes it feels that going to live to a little town is not such a bad alternative, just that better paid jobs are in the cities.

I just wondered how that chrome ID works? If I reinstall my OS, at this case Windows, I install Google chrome again and it gives me a different ID? or when I login to some google service again with Chrome, it knows that and oh Whola, it's Quatrux again and gives me back the previous ID and logs all my data again? :D :D
Maybe thats the reason in google TOS (terms of service) that it's forbidden to share your google services with other people, even your family and friends.. that would explain something ;]

a bit of topic:

I agree about the cameras thing too, in most of places there are cameras recording data, especially in the city, cameras are on the corners of buildings, inside buildings, especially all the shops.. Some time ago they've finished in my a city a project, where on almost every crossroad they've put new traffic-lights and cameras to watch traffic, so every time I walk, they have it recorded, OMG! Even though as I know in London it's even worse with the cameras all around you, sometimes it feels that going to live to a little town is not such a bad alternative, just that better paid jobs are in the cities.

Yes our privacy is really breached everyday despite all the disclaimers and reassuring Terms of Service. See what Google Earth