xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saitunes

Loop Your Computer's Clock

Does anyone know how to loop your computers clock (If possible)? so that it thinks its the same week or month. I did a bit of googling on the topic, but to no avail.

There is a problem with this now because of new security features. When you customize the clock you can change the time, so its the same time, the other way is to change the set up options by pressing F2 when you start the computer. I believe that works out much better. The other problem is that when you go into a Shell Secured Website, the security certificate is of a later date. Your computer shows an older date, so it assumes the certificate is invalid and fake, so it denies you logging into that site. There are some ways past that but I don't know those. I'll look into it though. The F2 is for a Windows XP Computer which I used it on, so I don't know about another OS.

You'll need to code at hardware level. C can do this I guess. But then the effect won't be permanent since most of the bios would detect it and reset the clock to its original. So all and all it will be a waste of time to do it.Still if you want to try. There are specific functions in C that can write to and read from BIOS memory. But be careful while playing with this :D