xisto Community
mrdee

Looking For Song Title And Lyrics

Hi,I am appealing to rugby fans and people who know a bit of song repertoire.I am looking for the title of the song (a rugby song), and the lyrics if possible, although I would probably find those on Google when I know the title.I have made a MIDI file of the song and I wanted to attach it to this post, but it is not allowed.For simplicity's sake, the MIDI is only the melody, no harmonies, no fancy instruments, just one part piano, in order to make it easier to recognise.Has anyone got any idea how I could put the MIDI File somewhere so people can listen to it?Thanks.

On your second question you could change into another type of file if the MIDI file has problems. I use MIDI files to find tunes for my class's chamber singers for a song that we could not find sheet music to. You have to embed it as a QuickTime file because only QuickTime has the ability to embed MIDI Files from what I've seen. So being that you need to upgrade to QuickTime Pro and then look at it once more time. For the first question, I'm from the US so I don't know much about Rugby. On the other hand, try changing the MIDI File into .wav, .mp3, .wmv, or any other Music File, there are some free conversion programs, look around.

OK then,I will give it a try.I have now ZIPped the MIDI file and I will try to upload it.All you have to do to listen is unzip the file and it will appear as a normal .mid file.For the ones among you who know the song, please let me know.(That is if the upload succeeds.)Weeeeeee-heeeeeeeee, it has worked.OK, keep the advice coming.It is there in all its glory.Thanks in advance.

Rugbysong.zip

This song is known by various names, mostly She Was Poor but She was Honest or It's the Same the Whole World Over. Every community in the UK has a different version and lyrics vary, from the moderately pithy to the irredeemably filthy. I remember the song from my youth and one of the cleaner verses went thusShe stood on the bridge at midnight,Blowing kisses at the moon.She said she was a virgin, But she spoke too f***** soon,You get the picture.The original is an English Musichall standard from 1930 and is a rather twee tragic-comic ballad.