xisto Community
Xalor

Who Am I? A Little Introduction to Xalor

Hello fellow members of Xisto. I am a newcomer to this forum. I have begun posting and become assimilating into these threads, and forums and posts and whatnot. I haven't actually though formally introduced myself.

Name: Harsha

Interests: Science Research, Debating, Tennis, and Gaming (MMOs)

Thats a pretty much a short bio, but more indepth is here. I am a casual gamer, who plays games sometimes and off and on. I used to play Maplestory and got into a lot. That started me off into the world of gaming. I have played a couple of others, but not more than a week or two. I am now looking forward to the Closed Beta Test of Dragonica and Dragonica 2. If anyone plays it feel free to drop me a PM of your future IGN and Forum Name, and if you are part of any guilds.

I enjoy learning about the world of the Internet and Computers. I am beginning to learn Web Design, starting from the basics up with HTML 4.0 and then to (X)HTML since I believe that HTML fully known allows you first harness it and then redesign in CSS. I have set up a site before with a regular host, free but it wasn't that great. If you know x10hosting you know about the horrific slowloading sites, and downtime, if you are on free hosting.

I am planning on making a new site under the name of Lavalon Lair, for a casual fansite for Dragonica. It shall be the new home of my guild, LionHeart, just to mention my name is Xalor under it also. I plan to set up a blog, forums and special guildpage. It shall be the reason and the fruits of my posting here at Xisto

For now I have been welcomed nicely, and the people are so well conversed and knowledgable. They have provided me a powerful oppenent and I see that rivalries exist in a forum such as this. I have heard about the amazing spammer S_M but I don't know much about that.

I enjoy GFX and have begun learning how to make signatures, here are some examples of my basic work:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those are some of the better ones, but the rest are rather horrible. I plan on getting better and begin designing templates from tables and then moving to cleaner <div> version of it. My overall goal with GFX is to get much better at complicated signatures and to begin designing templates for Joomla!, Wordpress, and phpBB3.

I hope to have some fun here, and get to know everyone much better.

Edited by Xalor (see edit history)

Xalor Welcome to the forum,You seem very intrested as I have seen many of your Topics and post's already try to keep active on here Like I am staying up till 2:00 posting away Lol.Your Sigs look great and your Display picture is Fantastic,I am sure you will be very welcome here by all the other members on Xisto :PGood day,- Ash :D

Nah not me,I have already got a 10% warning for 1 linners so just post a lot more than 1 line otherwise you will be well known to the modorator team in a bad way :s.Just post like your Introduction you will get $1 in no time!

Welcome to Xisto, Xalor! Although as you can see I'm quite new here myself too.To tell you the truth I thought you were much older, like 37 or something :D and I thought your nick meant something like Ex-Sailor and you were a tough dude with a big beard, a lot of muscles and scars all over the face you got in your ship LOL :D Now, your sigs look quite nice and I'm sure you'll shortly improve them a lot. You must be a wise guy since you're already very tech-savvy and can learn a lot from the internet. (When I was 15 I could only use an IBM PS2 for an hour a week, at school, using 3.5" diskettes and MS-DOS! No internet access at all - I think only Bill Gates could use internet back then :P ).

I remember some of the Old Age, but I think when I was born, the Internet was coming into popular use, and now its really boomed, so I guess I have the best generation to work with, but I am going to be the first generation to not get Social Security, lol. On the other hand I am learning to be more tech savvy and looking into Web Design as a viable supplement to my income in College and when I don't have any money. Starting to learn some Graphics and getting to the level of more intracate designs. On the Sailor aspect, I don't think so >.> I believe this name came from the fact I wanted Valor as an IGN for a game, and used Xalor as an alternative, combining what I wanted as a name and my friends name Xvalier. So thats pretty much it, though my friend says its from DOOFUS and I have never heard of such an MMO. Well thanks for gretting me Digitalidad, and I think I would like to see your website very much.

Hello Harsha aka: Xalor Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA.

Very nice introduction. The best I have seen in a long time. You are very graphically talented :D I do hope the SOTW gets started up again. Your work will probably give others something to shoot at. :P

Meanwhile, enjoy your stay with us. See you around the boards.

Welcome Xalor, I have to say I do agree, you are very talented After seeing some of your work I would not be a bit suprised if some here start asking you for a banner or sigs. Again Welcome to Xisto, and I know you will enjoy your time here with us.

Thanks but I usually just look at tutorial images, and try to imitate the style, it usually works out, because I never actually pay attention to the tutorials. The effects are usually hard to duplicate. I really do like graphics, and I think I don't know as much as others, but I have a pretty good sense of design. I know what looks good and what looks horrible. I've seen heavily effected sigs, when simple smudging, and blending modes would have made it look awesome. Apparently you guys like that sort of design, so if you every need a banner or something just drop me a PM or a request in the GFX Section, and I'll try to fill it out before anyone else, thought it seems like that the GFXTrap section is dead.