xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Firefox 2 Antiphishing Is Gone

Well it seems that it is time for you Firefox 2 users to upgrade to Firefox 3, because it seems Google has disable the feed that updates the Firefox 2 about websites that are phished websites. Granted I doubt everyone is gullible enough to believe every email they read, well some people will believe those emails, and so depending on your surfing habits I doubt it will affect you this much if keep yourself aware of the dangers of some websites. Either way I recommend that Firefox 2 users upgrade to Firefox 3 because most of the extensions should have been updated by now or alternate extension should have been made to help make your browser experience better.

Although, it seems that this is old news after looking at a related article about it, but still the more people that know about it the quicker they can move to an updated browser. Of course, I think the moment Firefox 3.1 goes gold, then Firefox 2 is on its last days.

SOURCES

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/159238/virulent_worm.html

your most likely right on the last days. Even though I rarely use FF I have updated mine as of today.

I also disagree with this point, they shouldn't have disabled this feature for Firefox 2 users, maybe there is some logic about this, but still, I think an addon for Firefox 2 could be made for some alternative phishing sites list source, even though I use Opera, I still try to disable phishing, as I know where I am browsing, but for most other people, phising is really dangerous. :D