xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
novoAlias

Hey From Nz little lost lamb

Hey all,I humbly come to your doors after the wonderful people over at zendfree forgot to pay their bills and their (/my) website totally disappeared. Unluckily for me this website is on all my cv's and business cards and so I'm a little bit pee'd off... You guys wouldn't do that would you? :PSo, a little about me.I'm 20, I live in Auckland, I'm going to AUT for my degree, I love my motorbike and my mini, and I spend many of my nights partying at whatever bar, rave or club is making the most noise.I also have a strong interest in photography, graphic design, travel and quite alot of other stuff that I would spend more time doing if my remaining funds weren't being poured into alcohol research. I like the range of topics your forum covers so thats pretty much why I'm here! Asides from the aforementioned flakey webhost of course.That's me I guess, cheers and I'll see you round.J.

Edited by novoAlias (see edit history)

First of all a warm welcome from a fellow Xisto member. And I can, from my long stay here, can assure you that no such thing  would happen here. Was your previous host a paid or free one? You might have noticed the amount of features being offered here for free. Hope you know all the stuff and rules here. Wishing your website a speedy renovation.

-Pasten

PS: Here might might be an elder friend of yours at AUT: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by pasten (see edit history)

welcome to Xisto we talked a little yesterday. I know you will enjoy your time here at Xisto greatly. A bunch of good and helpful people and a very large foru, Enjoy.

Cheers guys!Pasten: The last one was actually pretty awesome feature and uptime-wise, except for the not existing anymore part... Zendfree.com. This time I plan to take out a .com domain though so I can swap hosts if it happens again!Echo: I see you fixed the spelling :D Thanks for the welcome :PSonesay: Yeah for sure! I'm pretty good at Flash/AS3 so I look forward to helping out... Are you any good at back end systems by any chance? I've been meaning to learn MySQL etc. for-freaking-ever!

Cheers guys!
Pasten: The last one was actually pretty awesome feature and uptime-wise, except for the not existing anymore part... Zendfree.com. This time I plan to take out a .com domain though so I can swap hosts if it happens again!

Echo: I see you fixed the spelling :D Thanks for the welcome :P

Sonesay: Yeah for sure! I'm pretty good at Flash/AS3 so I look forward to helping out... Are you any good at back end systems by any chance? I've been meaning to learn MySQL etc. for-freaking-ever!

Yeah I've been working with MySQL for a while. Done 3 database papers at AUT. I'm not an expert but I know enough to get by. Still learning as I go. Pretty cool you know FLash and AS3. I would like to learn that eventually.

Have you got any work live online? Would be interested to see what you have so far.

Welcome to Xisto mate.I joined last month and my saty here has been very pleasant. Had a few problems with mycents but the folks quickly helped and im back to what i do best!Good luck with the services that you want here!Have a nice time. Laters