xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Problems with my directX 10.1 graphic card What Is Directx 10.1

Problems with my directX 10.1 graphic card What Is Directx 10.1

I actually have a question, I just built a computer and installed xp x64 with a directX 10.1 graphic card in it, now anytime there is any 3d graphics being run, it freezes up. I am trying to figure out if it's because the card just won't really work with this OS or if the card is bad itself. I have all updated drivers, ram is certified for my mobo, big enough power supply. Any help please?

amd phenom 9600Asus m3a79-t deluxeAsus eah4830Kingston hyperx 8500 1gb (4x)Ocz 700watt psu

Rarely, but sometimes the graphic card is compatible with the operating system and so you would have to try and find x64 drivers in order to run the graphics card on the computer. Your best shot is to get a hold of the graphics card tech support as they will provide you with a better solution.

Direct3D is part of Microsoft's DirectX API. Direct3D is only available for Microsoft's various Windows operating systems (Windows 95 and above) and is the base for the graphics API on the Xbox and Xbox 360 console systems. Direct3D is used to render three dimensional graphics in applications where performance is important, such as games. Direct3D also allows applications to run fullscreen instead of embedded in a window, though they can still run in a window if programmed for that feature. Direct3D uses hardware acceleration if it is available on the graphics card, allowing for hardware acceleration of the entire 3D rendering pipeline or even only partial acceleration. Direct3D exposes the advanced graphics capabilities of 3D graphics hardware, including z-buffering, anti-aliasing, alpha blending, mipmapping, atmospheric effects, and perspective-correct texture mapping. Integration with other DirectX technologies enables Direct3D to deliver such features as video mapping, hardware 3D rendering in 2D overlay planes, and even sprites, providing the use of 2D and 3D graphics in interactive media titles.So basicly the program is just to unscramble the games graphics.

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

Which graphics card?Problems with my directX 10.1 graphic card

We're looking into puchasing a new computer. My husband wants to be able to put a flight simulator on it, which requires a 3D accelerated graphics card with full directx9 support and 32 mb of dedicated video memory. The computers that we are looking at have ATI radeon HD 4350 512mb2, Integrated Intel GMA X4500 graphics, Intel graphic media acceleratorX4500 or Intel graphic media accelerator 3100. Will any of these systems run that program? How do you know if a video card is shared or dedicated? 

-question by Kathy