xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HMATE.co.uk

Does Having Hsv2 Affect Your State Of Mind?

First of all, Welcome hmate to Xisto.My name is Josh, im 26, and a medical professional from Los Angeles, Now residing in australia. During my Internship my area of study, both for medicine and my psych thesis was Herpes Simplex, more specifically HSV-2, as it is prolific in LA.Ill be the first to admit too, i also have HSV2.it didnt really impact me at all, but i figure that comes from the fact that there isnt nothing i know about it, right down to a sub atomic level, and if i may say without offending you, 99% of all fears stems from ignorance (for lack of a better word) and/or a lack of knowledge on the subject. We as cognitive human beings are intrinsically (naturally) scared/fearful of the unknown, so naturally when you find out you have HSV2 (Genital Herpes--so much harder to say!!) you are filled with fear. Let me explain that fear, as much of it is just social stigmata.You Hear "i have Herpes"They hear: "I am a dirty s**T, MAN Wh**e, who cant keep his genitals in his pants and now i am a prolific spreader of a dirty disease"Nothing could be further from the truth. I got it simply because me and my wife were unaware she had caught it from an unconsiderate partner from many years back, as the virus can lay dormant for years. It is not a dirty disease, although it can look horrible (which adds to the fear of it) it simply lies in your lymphs, sheds, becomes active for a few days-10 or so...and begins the viral cycle again....as with most virii, everytime they are transmitted from one host to another, they change on an atomic level, and there cycles, strengths etc change...you may have a non aggressive strain, that pops up only once a year etc...and isnt too severe.speak to your GP, as although i am Fully medically qualified, the internet is hardly the medium to be taking advice from, but speak to your doctor, get some anti virals, get topical creams for outbreaks, and always use condoms with partners, and be open with them about your herpes, and you will find 9/10 most people are accepting.if you want more info, or need to chat to someone, my msn is cabraamor@hotmail.com and email is joshuawood213@gmail.com, id be happy to educate you, help you with whatever problems you may have. I got lots of info on it, but PLEASE although i am a doctor, my advice here is no substitute for your own GP...that goes for anywhere i will post on here... :D coverin my *bottom*!!as to address your issue, i am sorry to hear it had/has affected you psychologically. but rest assured, although permanent, it is a non life threatening disease, that is completely manageable, and you can, if you treat your lifestyle and body right, make sure you only have outbreaks every few years or so....again contact me for a chat if need be.Joshua

First of all, Welcome hmate to Xisto.
My name is Josh, im 26, and a medical professional from Los Angeles, Now residing in australia. During my Internship my area of study, both for medicine and my psych thesis was Herpes Simplex, more specifically HSV-2, as it is prolific in LA.

Ill be the first to admit too, i also have HSV2.

it didnt really impact me at all, but i figure that comes from the fact that there isnt nothing i know about it, right down to a sub atomic level, and if i may say without offending you, 99% of all fears stems from ignorance (for lack of a better word) and/or a lack of knowledge on the subject. We as cognitive human beings are intrinsically (naturally) scared/fearful of the unknown, so naturally when you find out you have HSV2 (Genital Herpes--so much harder to say!!) you are filled with fear. Let me explain that fear, as much of it is just social stigmata.

You Hear "i have Herpes"

They hear: "I am a dirty s**T, MAN Wh**e, who cant keep his genitals in his pants and now i am a prolific spreader of a dirty disease"

Nothing could be further from the truth. I got it simply because me and my wife were unaware she had caught it from an unconsiderate partner from many years back, as the virus can lay dormant for years. It is not a dirty disease, although it can look horrible (which adds to the fear of it) it simply lies in your lymphs, sheds, becomes active for a few days-10 or so...and begins the viral cycle again....as with most virii, everytime they are transmitted from one host to another, they change on an atomic level, and there cycles, strengths etc change...you may have a non aggressive strain, that pops up only once a year etc...and isnt too severe.

speak to your GP, as although i am Fully medically qualified, the internet is hardly the medium to be taking advice from, but speak to your doctor, get some anti virals, get topical creams for outbreaks, and always use condoms with partners, and be open with them about your herpes, and you will find 9/10 most people are accepting.

if you want more info, or need to chat to someone, my msn is cabraamor@hotmail.com and email is joshuawood213@gmail.com, id be happy to educate you, help you with whatever problems you may have. I got lots of info on it, but PLEASE although i am a doctor, my advice here is no substitute for your own GP...that goes for anywhere i will post on here... :D coverin my *bottom*!!

as to address your issue, i am sorry to hear it had/has affected you psychologically. but rest assured, although permanent, it is a non life threatening disease, that is completely manageable, and you can, if you treat your lifestyle and body right, make sure you only have outbreaks every few years or so....again contact me for a chat if need be.

Joshua

Well thankyou so much for taking the time and effort to respond in such a positive and informative way. I must say you have helped and it helps to know that you're not alone. I will note your addresses and might make contact if that's ok?

Cheers again.

Mark. (UK)

(Any advice on all the lipomas which have also appeared in various parts of my body......lol.... Doc says not to worry about them!)
Edited by HMATE.co.uk (see edit history)

Well thankyou so much for taking the time and effort to respond in such a positive and informative way. I must say you have helped and it helps to know that you're not alone. I will note your addresses and might make contact if that's ok?
Cheers again.

Mark. (UK)

(Any advice on all the lipomas which have also appeared in various parts of my body......lol.... Doc says not to worry about them!)

9/10 my friend, that is all it takes, someone to actually just sit back and give a sh*t....I am happy to have helped and please feel free to contact me at any time, unless you support manchester city or man u....then its a no go!!! HA!! Jokes. Remember, there is nothing worng with you that deems you an outcast, nor makes you different... APPX 1 in 8 got it :D b well my friend, contact me if you need anything at all.

Josh