xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

New Firefox Window Popups And i didnt make it do that

I have some security issues going on with my computer right now. I've run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, and AVG and can't get rid of my problems. When I'm using firefox everyone once and a while a new window will suddenly pop up. I know I have some trojans in my computer but how do I get rid of them (For FREE).

Try CCleaner, it helped me, and some of the online services. Just Google Search them. I usually solved that by finding where the trojan installed itself by combing the C: Drive and finding it and manually deleting it. AVG is crap, not that its real crap, but it usually doesn't find anything, and a lot of times gives false positives. I would say uninstalling FF, and reinstalling that one or Opera, which usually works, other option is to find an ad-blocker for FF. My IE is still infected, could never find it out where it was, so now I just made it disappear, and tried to end its total access.EDIT: Posted it twice in the same post o.O

Edited by Xalor (see edit history)

This may sound like a stupid question but here goes. How do I find and manually delete a trojan? Basically I don't know where it is, How do i find that out. Secondly, is there just a delete function when I find it?

Go through your c: drive, comb through the program file folders, like firefox's folder, and there are couple of others programs that may have been installed, on mine it wasn't a trojan but an adware program. It usually is also in add and remove section of your Control Panel. The delete function is right click and click delete, or just hit the delete button on the keyboard. Uh actually if you don't really know, just leave it alone, and call either the computer company, well since AVG is free, not really an option. I would though just look for a program that searches for Adware and removes it. Sometimes its hard though to find it, best thing is to just uninstall firefox, it did the trick for me.

Well you are not being exactly clear of what this "pop up" exactly is, it could be the pop up for the Downloads in firefox! You know what I mean?Now you can try free software, such as CCleaner (or Crap Cleaner), AVG, and so on to remove the problem, if it is an actual problem.If you want to manually delete the trojan, it is mostly placed in one of the following folders:C:\Windows\C:\Windows\System32or Temp the easiest way to get to the temporary folder is to click start and on the right column hit run (if in windows XP, if in vista you just use the quick search option) and type in "%Temp%" without the quotations.You can comb through there, but it is not suggested to do so, just in case you cause some damage.If AVG or any other cleaner/scanner don't pick it up, it is either not a virus, or it will be added to the viral database within a couple days.If you want to be completely secure, you might just want to take out your Ethernet cord forever, or disable your wireless forever. :P

Even I had the same problem..

But I was able to remove it.. Just uninstall the firefox.. Go to C-drive, Programs and locate the Mozilla Firefox folder.. Hold shift and Delete that folder it will as some of the programs may not work properly..Click ok.. Now the adware is gone..

Download and install the new version of Mozilla firefox.. Works fine..

Have a great day guys..