xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rayzoredge

What Do You Do If You Spill Liquid Onto Your Laptop? How to salvage your notebook

first of all you should remove the battery and plug out the chrager from your laptop as soon as possible to avoid any electrical shock , then i suggest you to remove the keyboard from your laptop (most of the laptops are coming with separate keyboard, i mean you can remove it very easily from the body of laptop) and then use a hot air blower to dry the keyboard completely. after the keyboard dried you should search under the keyboard for finding any sign of liquid on other electronics, you can also use the hot air blower again on the elctronics that are moisturised by the liquid but remember that electronics inside laptop are very sensitive to high temprature and you may damage them if you keep the hot air on them for so long so you should be careful. never use any clothes for drying because the pins of electronic devices are very small and can esaily break with a little pressurre so never use such things for drying anything inside the laptop.

actually the time it takes for you to remove the battery and unplug the charger is very important, if you do it fast i can say nothing will happen and your laptop will be 100% functional after drying but if you do it slow or try to shut down the laptop using normal procedure then i can say if liquid goes inside the laptop it will damage parts under keyboard like RAM or other parts. another important thing is where the liquid spills if it spills on the middle of keyboard then the plastic cover under the keyboard will block it from going inside but if it spills in the corners of keyboard then it can go inside and it is very dangerous situation.

@Guest_Jill_* : i didn't completely understood what you said but i think the water is now trapped between the LCD and the Protective glass in front of it , you can use a hot air blower to dry the water or if you can you should remove the protection glass and try to dry it by a cloths carefuly. maybe a picture from what you are facing now can be more helpful to help you but if water is under protection glass then you don't have to be worry because LCDs will not face serious damages will water spilled on them and it will dry itseld but the signs of where it dries will remain under the protection glass so it is better to take the glass off and clean it.

Someone spilled champaigne on my toshiba c-140 laptop. It is still working fine, however, the part where the champaigne spilled is not working well. For example, when I click a, nothing happens, when I click x, its typing cx. Help me please.

in spilt a few drops of juice on my keyboard it cou;dnt have been much more than half a teaspoon... its a hp new about 5 months old, the keyboard stoped working so i shut it down, i rebooted it in the am and it wont let me leave the recovery manager, i have dont the checks and the retore to earlier date and itr keeps coming back, i rebooted it again and it still wont let me leave anyhelp i do not have anything to back it up on and i cant loose my data. any help?