xisto Community
joeblogg

New Disciplinatery Technique

At the moment if you do something wrong they increase your warn level.but that doesn't really do anything and doesn't affect the member that has done something wrong. My idea would be to increase post quotas (mainly to discipline spam posts) so they can't post as often.Just an idea though.

Edited by joeblogg (see edit history)

If the Posting is severe enough, the warning is issued, and if it is really severe, along with the Warning, there are several levels of discipline that a Moderator can apply. The regular member does not see the actual discipline, only the Member that the Warning is issued to, so although your warning might only show a 10% level, that particular Warning might also carry a 3 day ban from Posting. Or an Indefinite Disable on the account.

If the Posting is severe enough, the warning is issued, and if it is really severe, along with the Warning, there are several levels of discipline that a Moderator can apply. The regular member does not see the actual discipline, only the Member that the Warning is issued to, so although your warning might only show a 10% level, that particular Warning might also carry a 3 day ban from Posting. Or an Indefinite Disable on the account.

What do you mean -- the actual discipline?
I have got one waring...But there hasn't any ban from posting or some indefinite disable on the account.I cannot find some abnormity.Could you give some clearer examples?

thanks a lot!

sincerely!

What do you mean -- the actual discipline?I have got one waring...But there hasn't any ban from posting or some indefinite disable on the account.I cannot find some abnormity.Could you give some clearer examples?

thanks a lot!

sincerely!

When we apply a warning to an account, we also have the option of taking further action. For example, we can prevent the user posting for a certain number of days, or indefinitely. Accounts can also be disabled. You'll know if this happens because you get a message pop up telling you about it (something along the lines of "Your posting abilities are disabled until dd/mm/yyyy." I can't remember exactly...) Quite often the moderator will also put a note in the actual warning to say if further action has been taken, just to alert the member and other moderators.

When we apply a warning to an account, we also have the option of taking further action. For example, we can prevent the user posting for a certain number of days, or indefinitely. Accounts can also be disabled. You'll know if this happens because you get a message pop up telling you about it (something along the lines of "Your posting abilities are disabled until dd/mm/yyyy." I can't remember exactly...) Quite often the moderator will also put a note in the actual warning to say if further action has been taken, just to alert the member and other moderators.

Yea even I had got one of them kind warnings once. Forgot now what it was about, something of not using a quote or something. but in the warning box it gave me a 10% and the message of something like I would have the warning until that mod saw fit to remove it or something along that like.