xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Can i see my house from outer space? Outer Space In Google Earth (new)

Can i see my house from outer space?

Outer Space In Google Earth (new)

Other places were you can see your house are from 1999 my house wasn't even build at that time. You got any suggests for me.

-question by Meghan Barnett

There are plent other softwares which are similar to google earth
you can try out the following links:-

World Wind - an open source 3D Earth-viewing software developed by NASA that accesses NASA JPL database. World Wind lets you zoom from satellite altitude into any place on Earth. Leveraging Landsat satellite imagery and Shuttle Radar Topography Mission data, World Wind lets you experience Earth terrain in visually rich 3D, just as if you were really there.
You can download World Wind here

Blue Marble: Next Generation offers greater spatial detail of the surface and spans a longer data collection period than the original. The original Blue Marble was a composite of four months of MODIS observations with a spatial resolution (level of detail) of 1 square kilometer per pixel.
You can download blue marble from here

Microsoft's search engine Bing also has a satellite map site called Bing Maps (https://www.bing.com/maps). I think it retrieves the map images from the same satellite that source Google Maps, although Bing Maps does not let you zoom in as far plus images look less high quality than Google Maps satellite images. However, Bing Maps has a feature that Google Maps doesn't have, that is a bird's eye view taken from a aircraft instead of having to rely on distant satellite maps. Both mapping web applications seem to have their own advantages and disadvantages, with Bing Maps having issues with searching street names, inaccurate property locations (i.e. street numbers correspond to the wrong house on the map) and no Street View photos, while Google Maps have a more developed and matured product that only lacks an aerial bird's eye view.