xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
networker

Professional Sports Too much money

This is exactly it. All these other occupations that have been mentioned during this topic are learnable skills. I can go to school and become a neurosurgeon or a lawyer. You usually don't hear about professionals growing up being bad at the sport they currently play, they are usually just born with a natural ability. Whereas, the other two jobs I mentioned don't really require natural ability (arguable a neurosurgeon does, but you can still go through medical school and become a licensed doctor whether or not you are an amazingly gifted surgeon).
This is just the way the economy works. As a percentage of the population, sports players are very unique.

I once heard this same debate a long time ago, probably when I was in elementary school. Back then, they were arguing about how firemen and police officers risk their lives and don't make nearly as much as sports players. That one is a combination of what I said earlier and the fact that the government isn't going to pay ungodly amounts of money to a person that can be replaced by almost any other random person on the street if they were given proper training.

Not to diminish the skills of a police officer or fireman, I know I couldn't do what they do.

It's all fine what you're saying here but you are forgetting the bottom
line.The common sports fan who has been out priced out of the picture.
Someone who can no longer afford to view these games.Games that
are now mainly available to a corporate elite.
The hard core sports fan has been forgotten and shafted.
Simple as that.

Well I might be a professional sports player anyway soon as I have been scouted for Manchester united In the UK at the minute they are top of the league. By the way This is about Soccer or football from what ever country you come from :D