xisto Community
takotsu

They're Not Rights, They're Privileges And Benefits this really bugs me.

Well you say the gay couples shouldn't have the privilege to have a family, which you are right to have a family is not a right is a privilege not everyone have it, for different reasons, but when it comes to adopting, then you are referring to gay man-man couples, but then what about lesbian couples? they can have their children, they are the mothers of the child, no one can take those kids away from their mother, then why gay couples shouldn't?, anyway those kids are going to be raised under the same kind of family, parents of the same genre. Traditionally families are conform by: two parents: one woman one man and the kids, but that has been changing over the years, now you see families with one parent and they are doing fine, some of them, others don't, but that's just the way it is, who knows maybe gay parents are going to be better parents than any regular parent, because you appreciate a lot more the things when it's was very hard for you to obtain it. Then it's our responsibility as straight people to not let the traditional family dies and be responsible for our children. And common it is not a right to have a firearm, that maybe the law in some countries, but it's not like everyone in the world should have one because it is a right... that's just crazy...

Well you say the gay couples shouldn't have the privilege to have a family, which you are right to have a family is not a right is a privilege not everyone have it

Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.

A family is a right, not a privilege, according to Article 16(1) of the UN Declaration of Human Rights. Men and women are also granted equal rights to marriage, and control over the marriage. As it is specified that there should be no discrimination (everyone has equal rights) then there is no reason for preventing homosexual couples from adopting.

It doing harm to me i consider it irrelevant, since i know it doesn't harm me; i am merely seeking their own good. I don't really care if people say i'm pushing my beliefs here, but i am convinced of an afterlife that would obviously be unbeneficial and undesirable to those who practice homosexuality. What's better: things desirable in this life or the afterlife? I realize all the complications; sure they'll argue that there is no God—they have to, it's not optional (though they may believe that it is). For in order to support their homosexuality, they have to get rid of and deny anything that stands in the way. Even homosexuals who call themselves Christians continue in their homosexuality (though some actually do change), saying, "Christ accepts who i am." I know they could care less, but everyone could care less if they believed otherwise. They could live together (considering everything i said, of course), but they should consider their arguments against God, for i have found them to be fallacious.

Since we are messing religious things with this matter, I'll put a verse from the bible:

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

You know, it's great that you are a Christian and you know that the primary message in the Bible is love, and if you do that you'll be ready to live with God. Christianity isn't about how to tell a man to live his life. He made a choice in his life and you have to respect it, no matter if you don't agree with it. God with deal with them and you don't have to go and spread negativity because it causes more negativity as it's a magic circle. Some people don't want you to look after their 'goods', they believe that they should live out their lives as they want. If they "live in sin" (according to you) and are happy with that, it's just a happyness in the "real life" and they will realise their mistakes in the "afterlife". It's their decision. Accept it. Don't nag them more than once. There are good people that are gay too and they are surely more discrimanted than people who cheat their wifes. :P

A family is a right, not a privilege, according to Article 16(1) of the UN Declaration of Human Rights. Men and women are also granted equal rights to marriage, and control over the marriage. As it is specified that there should be no discrimination (everyone has equal rights) then there is no reason for preventing homosexual couples from adopting.

Well When I said family I was referring to the kids, not everyone can have kids, there are couples in the world who would die to have to kids, but they can't because of infertility, or different reasons... So it may be a right but it's a privilege as well, not everyone can afford infertility treatments or adoption process... So when it turns like that it is a privilege and everyone in the world who has the opportunity to have children should feel really lucky. Edited by Parubilla (see edit history)

Since we are messing religious things with this matter, I'll put a verse from the bible:

You know, it's great that you are a Christian and you know that the primary message in the Bible is love, and if you do that you'll be ready to live with God. Christianity isn't about how to tell a man to live his life. He made a choice in his life and you have to respect it, no matter if you don't agree with it. God with deal with them and you don't have to go and spread negativity because it causes more negativity as it's a magic circle. Some people don't want you to look after their 'goods', they believe that they should live out their lives as they want. If they "live in sin" (according to you) and are happy with that, it's just a happyness in the "real life" and they will realise their mistakes in the "afterlife". It's their decision. Accept it. Don't nag them more than once. There are good people that are gay too and they are surely more discrimanted than people who cheat their wifes. :P

Your statement doesn't follow. If you emphasize love, then you must also realize what follows with love: the good for the other person. It can't be called love if you sit there doing nothing. The majority of people resist acts for their own good—it's common. You can't emphasize love and then tell me not to be loving by saying "accept their ways." I know God will deal with them, that's why i argue against homosexuality. I already mentioned all the complications that comes from this, but if you had read that part when i told it to you, a lot of what you said could have been left out, as this "negativity" that you say i'm spreading implies accusations that i wouldn't commit. I can't help it that other people take it further when dealing with homosexuals, but it's not safe to assume the same for me.

And the verse you quote, there's always a misunderstanding of it. If you read what Jesus said about judging others you'll realize that you must first take the speck out of your eye before you can do so. I don't commit homosexual acts, so, according to him, i don't have a speck in my eye concerning what i am against here. I personally don't see my way as unbeneficial for them in the long run (people emphasize the short run too much, which has been known to lead to undesirable consequences); however, you seem to be accusing me of discrimination that has the bad connotation to it. I don't apply the bad connotations to words like "prejudice" and "discrimination"—it helps prevent appeal to emotion and clouded judgment. However, i do realize other people apply bad connotations to them, so it clouds their judgment. Everyone discriminates against something. I don't mind if you accuse me of discrimination, just remove the bad connotation from it. Remove it and you'll see everyone discriminates; you'll see the speck in your eye too. So it becomes even more pointless to argue from discrimination. That's why i choose not to use words like that unless the other party loves to use those words.

Here we go, it seems like the good ol' religious smoke screen, not all people who are religious push their extremist views on other people, not all religious people are extremist. It is just that when someone like truefusion comes along, contradicts himself and then doubts the Bible (which is the "Christians Handbook"), just really annoys me. I have no right to tell everyone else to live their lives, so why do you? How can you say that, homosexuals have the right to have a family as females have the right to go to work and make to a pub.

It is just that when someone like truefusion comes along, contradicts himself and then doubts the Bible (which is the "Christians Handbook"), just really annoys me.

When and where did i do those things? It can't annoy you if i didn't do them. I wouldn't engage this topic if i doubted the Bible. I would have stopped a long time ago if i contradicted myself to no end.

I have no right to tell everyone else to live their lives, so why do you?

Who says you don't? Governments do it all the time. Parents do it to their children all the time. If people didn't have such a right, there wouldn't be books out there telling others how to live a better life.

How can you say that, homosexuals have the right to have a family as females have the right to go to work and make to a pub.

Are you implying they shouldn't have those rights?