xisto Community
anheizhiye

Is Playing Card A Sport? I like playing card

I like playing card ! A card marked with its rank and suit and belonging to any of several decks used in playing various games.Just 54 sheets,but people create many many playing way of it.Among them,i most like Lord card.Sometimes in diffrence place,there have some hairllike difference,such as three same card can or canot carrying two same card,and all that.which type of playing card do you like ?And whether there has some new playing ways?Could intro it to us?hoping...

I don't think playing cards is a sport, really. It's just another way of entertainment. Not all hobbies have to be sports; chess isn't, neither reading nor racing cars (in my opinion). Sports are one way of entertain yourself, not all the ways.

The games I play, well, I enjoy poker, blackjack and "truco" (trick). You may be familiar with poker and blackjack, but truco is a game from Uruguay and Argentina, the two countries of the Rio de la Plata.

Let me explain it to you: it's always played with a spanish deck (naipes), after taking out from the deck the eights, nines and jokers. The number of players must be even (usually two, four or six players), splitting the players in two sides.

If there are only two players, first, the cards are shuffled by one of the players, and then he deals three cards to each player, and puts another card on the table. This card is called "muestra" (sample), and everyone can see which card is. Each card dealt, has a different relative power. From least to most powerful: 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2 and 3. Some of those cards are called "matas" (killers), and those are, from least to most powerful: 7-gold, 7-swords, 1-wood, and 1-sword; they all beat the normal cards, mentioned before.

There is also another group of special cards: "piezas" (the pieces), which are some of the cards included in the suit of the "sample". They have points. These are the pieces, from least to most powerful: 10 (points), 11 (27 points), 5 (28 points), 4 (29 points) and 2 (30 points).

So, basically, the game consists of three hands, during which you have to beat your opponent two hands to win. The first hand is started by the "mano" who is the player who didn't dealt. The second one is started by the player who won the first one, and so the third hand (if there is, because if a player wins the first two hands, wins the round). There can be as many round as needed: the goal is to score 30 or 40 (not the points of the pieces, another score).

The most important thing in this game, is not to get the best cards, but to make believe the other player that you can win him if you have bad cards, or that he can win you if you feel you have better cards than him. But you can't lie or cheating them.

There are "yellings" inside the main game, that help you earning score and "tricking" the other player (there comes the name). Those "yellings" are "embido" (can't be translated), "flor" (flower) and "truco" itself.

I really don't know how to explain the whole game, so, if you feel this game is worth learning, check Wikipedia here, that is clearer and better explained than what I can explain.

Good luck! :P

Edited by andresf91 (see edit history)

don't think playing cards is a sport, really. It's just another way of entertainment. Not all hobbies have to be sports; chess isn't, neither reading nor racing cars (in my opinion). Sports are one way of entertain yourself, not all the ways.The games I play, well, I enjoy poker, blackjack and "truco" (trick). You may be familiar with poker and blackjack, but truco is a game from Uruguay and Argentina, the two countries of the Rio de la Plata.
Let me explain it to you: it's always played with a spanish deck (naipes), after taking out from the deck the eights, nines and jokers. The number of players must be even (usually two, four or six players), splitting the players in two sides.
If there are only two players, first, the cards are shuffled by one of the players, and then he deals three cards to each player, and puts another card on the table. This card is called "muestra" (sample), and everyone can see which card is. Each card dealt, has a different relative power. From least to most powerful: 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2 and 3. Some of those cards are called "matas" (killers), and those are, from least to most powerful: 7-gold, 7-swords, 1-wood, and 1-sword; they all beat the normal cards, mentioned before.
There is also another group of special cards: "piezas" (the pieces), which are some of the cards included in the suit of the "sample". They have points. These are the pieces, from least to most powerful: 10 (points), 11 (27 points), 5 (28 points), 4 (29 points) and 2 (30 points).
So, basically, the game consists of three hands, during which you have to beat your opponent two hands to win. The first hand is started by the "mano" who is the player who didn't dealt. The second one is started by the player who won the first one, and so the third hand (if there is, because if a player wins the first two hands, wins the round). There can be as many round as needed: the goal is to score 30 or 40 (not the points of the pieces, another score).

Playing cards definitely is not a sport but CHESS? I do not get why it is not a sport!

It probably has to do with it being too mental but that is very debateable!

Why is chess not a sport people? What defines a sport and how does chess fail to make the grade?

nah it isnt but its good for your mind lol

exactly
a sport requires something to be good at ex. your legs you can run fast, your hands you can swing really good, your whole body u can run like heck and catch the football, your legs arms to swim ect. you see but as far as it goes for the brain i think you can call it a sport you use you brain to succeed and win.

well in ways yes it is a sport. I mean with all the Texas Hold'em TV show's and the big money pots that are to be made, yes it could be called a sport. But the avg person would just call it a game, like football or baseball. Yet even some would call it a Job. There some that only play poker 12 months a year.

No it isn't, probably. Sporting is when you do something healthy, to improve your skills, like push-ups or something. Ball sports are over-rated, because they take a lot of practising so you can get some good results-improve your legs, neck, arms or something. Exercises are the best, because that way you get the fastest results and improvements. Back to the topic, carding is not a sport. You sit, your neck is probably not in straight position, and you are under stress. All the materials opposite to the sports ones. By the way, I like playing some video poker :D.