xisto Community
anheizhiye

Domain Question About ***.com.cn ? Could i using ***.com.cn at trap17?

I have a domain like ***.com.cn ,and have tried at Xisto - Support to buy hosting.Because havn't enough myCENTs,so cannot know if i can using domain like ***.com.cn .

For example ,in order form ,i choose Logic Plan - $1.95 / mo

then enter the next page about domain select,like below:

A.I want Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) to register a new domain for me.

B.I want to transfer my domain to Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto)

C.I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain.

choice A is clear.

But i was confused with B and C?

when i select B,it came an edit control and an pulldown select control,in there i cannot find any .com.cn pattern.

when i select C,it came two edit control let enter my domain.but could i enter like this :

with *** entered into 2st edit box,and with com.cn into 3st edit box

Is this OK?

Anyone can tell me,is this will pass the validate of tray17?And,if it's passed,then i modified my dns A record to point to the ip which tray17 gived(is so?),din it work?

thanks a lot!

If you have an existing domain name, you have 2 choices. Its B or C.Now, you cannot understand what B or C means so:Choice B: You want to transfer your domain from a different provider to Xisto. Example: You hosted your domain from GoDaddy, but you saw that Xisto has a better pricing for the domain so you would like to change from GoDaddy to Xisto.Choice C: You already have a domain and would not want to transfer it to Xisto. I think this is the choice you wanted because you already have a domain name. What you did was the right one. If your domain is , type *** at the second edit box and com.cn at the third. If you already have the hosting, just change the nameserver of your domain to point to the name server provided by Xisto.I do not know what the nameserver is, so if anyone knows, please reply. Thanks

Well, the options B and C are also clear.

For B, it assumes that you already bought a domain somewhere else, but you want to transfer it to Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto). Then you can choose this option.

For C, it assumes you have a domain, but want to use it with your current registrar without transferring to Xisto - Web Hosting. So, you can change the name servers of your current domain to Xisto - Web Hosting, to use hosting service here with your current domain.

My suggestion is, first order your hosting by registerring a new Xisto subdomain. something like anheizhiye.trap17.com etc...then add your .com.cn to your hosting as a parked domain. And change your nameservers on your .com.cn domain to Xisto's nameservers they'll give you.

I do not know what the nameserver is, so if anyone knows, please reply

To say it simple, nameservers are computers, that points your domain to your website. For example, When you type a domain in your browser, the DNS server at your ISP will redirect it to these nameservers. And the nameservers at the hosting service will map your webiste and send it to you. Name servers for Xisto are ns.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com. You can change these name servers in your domain control panel. Edited by xpress (see edit history)

add your .com.cn to your hosting as a parked domain?what does this mean?I don't understand it.If i add my ***.com.cn to my hosting as a parked domain,then anyone using address www ***.com.cn to visit my website,does this work?And when he visited , will the address in IE been change to anheizhiye.tray17.com?thanks a lot !

Parked domain option will abailable in your hosting CPanel. You can add your xxx.com.cn as a parked domain there. If you add it as a parked domain, then when some one entered your .com.cn name in their browser (like IE as you said) it will be automatically redirect to your website at anheizhiye.tray17.com.

And yes, the address will be changed to anheizhiye.tray17.com. But you can redirect this to your .com.cn and hide the subdomain so that the xxx.com.cn will appear in IE address bar instead of your anheizhiye.tray17.com.

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Parked domain option will abailable in your hosting CPanel. You can add your xxx.com.cn as a parked domain there. If you add it as a parked domain, then when some one entered your .com.cn name in their browser (like IE as you said) it will be automatically redirect to your website at anheizhiye.tray17.com.

And yes, the address will be changed to anheizhiye.tray17.com. But you can redirect this to your .com.cn and hide the subdomain so that the xxx.com.cn will appear in IE address bar instead of your anheizhiye.tray17.com.

you are very kind!

It was clear than the previous one,thank you very much.But,using what technology(such as html's meta tag?or asp/php?or someother thing?) can make me redirect anheizhiye.tray17.com to my xxx.com.cn ,and then anheizhiye.tray17.com will disappear in IE address bar,finally the xxx.com.cn appear in IE address bar ?

Parked Domains will display the Parked domain name in the Browser Address bar.

For example: jlhaslip.com is parked on jlhaslip.trap17.com and the address bar displays jlhaslip.com unless the page on the jlhaslip.trap17.com uses absolute url's. The page needs to be relatively addressed in the links on that page. Instead of using the http : //jlhaslip.trap17.com/about.html for a link to an about page, simply use ./about.html in the html source code for the page.

Parked Domains will display the Parked domain name in the Browser Address bar.

For example: jlhaslip.com is parked on jlhaslip.trap17.com and the address bar displays jlhaslip.com unless the page on the jlhaslip.trap17.com uses absolute url's. The page needs to be relatively addressed in the links on that page. Instead of using the http : //jlhaslip.trap17.com/about.html for a link to an about page, simply use ./about.html in the html source code for the page.

OK.absolutely clear!you are so good!

last question:Is using Parked Domains free?

after have an answer,then admin could close this post,it's resolved,i think!

depending on what your plan provides you. But I think any plan here gives you at least 1 parked domain for free. You could also see how many parked domains you could have just by looking at the left side of the cpanel. There should be a bar labeled parked domain and the number of allowable parked domains you could have.

Edited by dualstriker (see edit history)

OK.absolutely clear!you are so good!
last question:Is using Parked Domains free?

after have an answer,then admin could close this post,it's resolved,i think!

Yes, parked domains are free. But the number of parked domains are limited and changes as per your plan as dualstriker told. Another addition, you can run multiple websites on a single hosting account with the help of Addon domains....with the help of Addon domain, you can point two of your domains to two different websites within the same account. Addon domains are also free and limited like parked domains. You can find all these in your CPanel. Order the hosting with a new subdomain as I suggested, and once your order is accepted, ask us and we'll guide you to setup your new website... :P