xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
contactskn

Doubt On Css

Dear friends I have a problem on the meaning of CSS.

What is CSS.

Is it a Language.

How can we develope CSS based pages.

Is there any free softwares for CSS concept.?

Please help me on the above points. Thanks in advance.?

What is CSS.

Cascading style sheets; a way to make your website (or program if you're using the Qt GUI library) look better.

Is it a Language.

It's a mark-up language, yes.

How can we develope CSS based pages.

You can't—it's not that kind of a mark-up language. CSS is like an extension, in a way, that makes HTML look better to the viewer. Without HTML, CSS is nothing. CSS is dependent on other languages.

Is there any free softwares for CSS concept.

Sure, but these assume that you have some basic knowledge of CSS. Some WYSIWYG programs do the CSS for you. But those are usually commercial software.

Well to expand a bit on truefusion's answers a bit. As he stated, CSS is Cascading style sheets but there are three levels of CSS with various functions and as of right now only CSS 1 is 100% and CSS2 is about 50%-75% accepted and I believe CSS3 is about 75% in compatibility with most of the major browsers, but those are rough estimates based on the age of the selectors used in each version.

As for the CSS layouts not so much of auto generating layout by pressing the enter key, but there are CSS frameworks that have everything set up for you and all you need to do is set up the html for them. I would check out this topic about the various CSS frameworks that this website located so far: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

As for free software all you need is notepad and to make sure to save the css file with the extension css Of course, if you have a HTML that file extension should be included so you won't have much to worry about.

Compatibility is the word.A major headache.If it's not just css compatibility,one has also to worryabout javascript compatability too. You would think these browsers could be just a little more accomodatingin they're design.It gets me to think now that when people are looking for coders,there reallyshould be a clean cut division.Serverside coders/database and front end ajax/javascript coders.The more browsers there are the more headaches clientside.I think specialization will become more the norm.I hope so.

Hi,Another thing about CSS is the fact it lets you do more layout wise than normal HTML does easier,For isntance Div boxes are great for layout once you have mastered them and also allows more elements on top of each other so for isntance you could use a div box to contacin a background image and then place divs on top to contain login components, forms, navigational items....To be honest in my opinion the source looks much nicer than HTML source.... But that could just be because I hate tables :PAnyway Hope our answers have cleared it up a bit for youRegardswebsey