xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
onscreen

Microsoft Scrap Download Cap For Windows 7 Beta

Due to an enormous surge in demand, the download experience was not ideal so we listened and took the necessary steps to ensure a good experience. We have clearly heard that many of you want to check out the Windows 7 Beta and, as a result, we have decided remove the initial 2.5 million limit on the public beta for the next two weeks (thru January 24th). During that time you will have access to the beta even if the download number exceeds the 2.5 million unit limit.

Source : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So to those who have been itching to try Windows 7 Beta, you can get to download and obtain the Product Key until 24th of January. Its a 2 weeks worth of time to download and try the new OS beta from Microsoft.

Source : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
So to those who have been itching to try Windows 7 Beta, you can get to download and obtain the Product Key until 24th of January. Its a 2 weeks worth of time to download and try the new OS beta from Microsoft.

reading this tells me something of vista. (beep) if they scrapped 2.5 mil and exstended it. this tells me the public is not happy with vista. I am a firm believer in XP myself. I just hope that this windows-7 will hold up to the test and be as good as XP has been. I hated it at 1st but grew to love it. Long Live XP

Well i guess this is better than trying to get windows 7 off torrents. I might try out windows 7 now seeing that their is no download cap. When i saw 2.5m people will only get it my chances of getting one was 248958 to 1 lol.(not actual stats)

The public really isnt happy about vista and in Windows 7, majority of the features were revamped according to the user demands. Frankly, i am really happy with Windows 7 now. It feels like a complete OS rather than beta. The days of Vista beta is still fresh in my mind where on the first day of installation, 5 restarts required just to have things up and running.The lifting of download capacity proved something, Microsoft have confidence in Windows 7 and will impress many.

Well, I am continueing my download as I was one of the 2.5 million to start the download in time :P. My problem is how big the download is and the fact that if Windows 7 is really bad, it might be difficult to remove. Can anyone tell me if it is stable enough to dual boot? I will write a review once the download and installation is complete.

Depends on the architecture you are downloading. 32bit is smaller while 64bit is slightly larger @ 3.5GB.I cant comment on dual booting windows 7 since i use it as my primary OS. You may try to google about it to see if anyone tried dual booting Windows 7.