xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
triplebtalk

Uninstalling Adobe Cs3 Windows Vista

Ok, I don't really know if I put this in the right place but I know that it is a Vista related problem so her I go.I need to uninstall Adobe CS3 Master Collection and I keep getting an error half way through saying that all the Adobe CS3 Master Suite components cannot be uninstalled and then telling me to restart and try again. I do this and I get the same error. I really need to uninstall so any help is appreciated :P

A couple of ideas here...1)Have you found out what components it is having issues with uninstalling? If so, maybe you can uninstall those parts ahead of time, before uninstalling the program as a whole.2)Turn off all services related to Adobe and then try again. There are some services that do call-backs and whatnot, so that is possibly what is blocking you(system can't turn them off so it's not able to delete them)3)Try booting up in safe-mode. That will disable all un-needed processes, which should unlock any files that are unable to be deleted.4)Check your "UAC" since you're on Vista(user account control). Maybe it's something to do with it not knowing that you're an administrator.5)Try right clicking the uninstaller(assuming there is one - the actual .exe, not "Install/Uninstall Programs") and run as administratorHopefully at least one of those will help you. I would start with #3 first though. Let me know what you come up with after trying those, :P.

Thanks. I have another pretty bad question, How do I start in safemode on Vista? Sorry it is so NEWB but I always have troubles doing so.

To do so go do these steps:First click on start > in the box at the bottom(search) type in "msconfig" and press enterClick the "Boot" tab and then click on "Safe boot" near the middle left sideSince you'll just be uninstalling a program, choose "Minimal"Then apply, it will ask if you want to restart, say yesWhen you're done attempting to uninstall(or once you're done being successful) go back into msconfig > Boot > uncheck "Safe boot" and restart again. All will be back to normal!Using minimal will keep anything from running but necessities. Even your video drivers/wifi/anything else will be disabled. So it should help fix your issue.

I tried it and it failed. I am not able to uninstall any of the files except Acrobat and I ended up deleting all the files in the Adobe folder, stupidly. I forgot about registry keys and now I cannot re install it... It is a nightmare.

I tried it and it failed. I am not able to uninstall any of the files except Acrobat and I ended up deleting all the files in the Adobe folder, stupidly. I forgot about registry keys and now I cannot re install it... It is a nightmare.

Wow, do you have a horrible virus or something? I've yet to have anything that I was unable to install(in safe-mode).

I don't have Adobe CS3 so I can't give a list of the locations for all of the registry keys, but if anyone can, you can delete them manually.

There are other files to worry about as well though, "Common files" and other stuff.

Hmm... It is very difficult to find and destroy each and every one of the keys. I guess I could try my Registry Cleaner which might find the unused Registry Keys. If this does not work, the new question here will be: Does anyone know how to format Windows Vista? :P

To format...Fresh install? Just put in the disc, boot up the PC, choose to install and when it asks where choose a "fresh installation."As for the registry cleaner, be careful with those. There are many programs(even in Windows - like Paint and stuff) that are read as "unused" but really aren't. I've screwed up my PC a few times using registry cleaners before I finally figured out what was going on.

Don't worry, it was CCLeaner and I have never had any problems with it. I am going to have to bbackup my files and reinstall :P

Nah, Adobe had a recent lisencing issue and I was instructed to uninstall and then reinstall it. I so far have not been able to uninstall it properly. I will purposely delete the Windows and make sure I format securely, then I will reinstall all my programs and hope for the best :P

Quick suggestion: Go to the Adobe website and search for uninstallation assistance with CS3. I had to uninstall just Adobe Photoshop CS3 once and since their uninstaller is quite terrible, they actually put up an article on how to uninstall CS3 and wipe it clean from your system (registry keys, DLLs, configuration files, everything) using a third-party program. (I had to do this because an installation of PS CS3 failed, and I couldn't install or reinstall it at all.)