xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Baniboy

Can I Install 2 Operrating Systems On 1 Computer Ive got 2 HDDs in my comp.

I can't think of any free burners off of the top of my head. I know there was one I used a while back, but I forgot what it was called.To boot from a disc, obviously restart your computer, then when it first shows the BIOS splash scree, you will press F12 (it isn't always F12, but it usually is. It should say somewhere on the screen). A menu will pop up then you just select boot from CD.

One thing, when you shrink the volume its not actually a partition right? so how can I make it a partition? Do I make it into one when I install ubuntu or do I have to use some program?

That makes free space. Technically that is a partition, but its only recognized in operating systems if it is formatted. You will be able to format it during the Ubuntu installation.

Good news, I installed ubuntu succesfully with some help of the ubuntu finnish language irc chatroom (yippee!) and I think it's very cool... The only thing bad about linux is that I can't use some of my programs on it. I will try out Wine (the program) I heard it makes some windows programs to be able to use on ubuntu.