xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
puneye

? Increase File Transfer Speed.

I have Windows Xp service Pack 3.Ram 1 GBHDD 120 GBIntel CPU 2.00 GHz.I want to Copy Speed of my files/folders to Pendrive. much faster.Please help me.

hello puneye, I did not got your question but as far I understand, you wantfaster copy to your USB-flash (pendrive). So, my experience shows that,there are 2 modes of usb devices (both, host and client) and that issimple- kinda USB 1.0 and USB 2.0, where usb 2.0 is faster than usb1.0Novadays almost all devices (hosts like: PC, Laptops, game-boxs,DVD-Players or whatever) uses 2.0 (ofc) and also clients (likependrives, other peripherials) uses 2.0, and if your PC for example,use USB 1.0 then nothing to help (except installing, for examplePCI-usb card/hub). So, but I believe, that your params of pc uses USB2.0 (thats mobo specific, not cpu)- and finally, win xp sp2 (also sp3),after plug your device, must say ~message: "Your Device can performfaster if you plug it into USB 2.0 port"- so if you had never thisinfo, all ok, you are using your maximum speed!And abt pendrive speed: each separate usb-flash (pendrive) havedifferent writing/reading speed and it is equiolent to their price! So,I suggest you to use any free disk benchmarking to see speeddifferences in different flash-drives, for example: ATTO Disk benchmarkor FdBench (dot net). You will find big difference if you use kindaexpensive fast Corsair Flash Voyager or cheap standart Kingston DataTravel, I do not want to push on any brand, since I have those bothflash-drives, just I have not tested others, but abt those two models Iam sure!Your flash drive usually can read fast enough (even blazing) but it write-in muuuch sloooower!

To,

Puneye 

Hello,

If we say that due to usb hub 2.0 this problem is created and we cannot find any solution to this problem,then it is said wrong you can increase file transfer speed by two methods:-

1.As given above by  usb hub 2.0 but that is not only the method.

2. I also0 use windows vista and I can understand your problem came to a solution for this problem when I was asked by my internet friends to find a solution.The solution is that download software Teracopy it increases all file transfer speed in you comp.

Question? Increase File Transfer Speed.

I have a problem with my kingston USB. when I connected usb with my pc than message show is faster speed 2.0... But data tranfer speed is very slow.. 700MB must takes 12 mints.. And my system running good. No other problem with my system.

and my usb working good on my friend pc..

-question by sami

hey DUDE YOU CAN USE THE SOFTWARE TERA COPY BETA VERSION FOR COPYING ANY THING FAST
-reply by CHHAVIKANT

Thank you very much. I downloaded and using it nowadays.

Question? Increase File Transfer Speed.<p>I have a problem with my kingston USB. when I connected usb with my pc than message show is faster speed 2.0... But data tranfer speed is very slow.. 700MB must takes 12 mints.. And my system running good. No other problem with my system.</p><p>and my usb working good on my friend pc.. </p>-question by sami

am also thz prob