xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
curtis07

Most Users Ever

Our members have made a total of 392,282 postsWe have 51,544 registered members
The newest member is electmobile
Most users ever online was 1,403 on Today, 02:46 PM

I read this on the forum's index page and decided to congratulate all of the admins/moderators that help make this site so popular. And also the community. And for agent, who made this possible. And my family.... (I suppose I probably took the awards ceremony analogy a bit far.)

So congrats!

P.S. I really need to get back into helping raise those numbers. I haven't posted for a while.

Wow, over 1400 people is quite a bit. Sadly though most of them were just guests, not members. The most actual members I've seen on at once was like 12 or 13,lol, and that wasn't anytime recent.Which shows that the site also has very, very good SEO, being that they are constantly getting hits from people on various search engines.If only I knew their tricks, :P.

You know I really never notice that? but wowzers. if Xisto could only get the guests to join up. just think of all the new posts. it would be the if not one of the biggiest forums in the net if not the world.

You know I really never notice that? but wowzers. if Xisto could only get the guests to join up. just think of all the new posts. it would be the if not one of the biggiest forums in the net if not the world.

If they all became members I wonder how long Trap could keep up all the hosting though.

If you notice, there are only a few(compared to total members) of us who ever even post.

I would estimate ~200-250 of us, if even that many, including the mods/admins.

I honestly think that if Trap did get a huge influx of new people the cost to maintain all of their accounts would be significantly greater than it is now.

Absolutely, I may be new but I post frequently... What really just confuses me is that people sign up here and post 10 rubbish posts and expect to be applauded. What also annoys me is the fact that some people seem to have accounts that they use only to get a domain or hosting package. To put it simply, I HATE inactive users.

Absolutely, I may be new but I post frequently... What really just confuses me is that people sign up here and post 10 rubbish posts and expect to be applauded. What also annoys me is the fact that some people seem to have accounts that they use only to get a domain or hosting package. To put it simply, I HATE inactive users.

I'm just annoyed at the ones that spam or just flat out let you know that they don't care.

And it's obvious who those people are.

Some of us(Me, SM, Echo) have enough credits to not have to worry about posting anymore for our hosting. I have enough to last years,lol.

I still hang out here because it's become like a new home to me, :P.

Aaah, cool, I noticed that too today :P

Well if you wondered from where does Xisto get the money to give us free domains and stuff, it's mostly from the ads that are clicked by the guests — and believe me, there are loads of them, because I have searched on Google and ended up back here to see a solution or a debate for the problem, but usually when you click on a Google link to get here, you are redirected to the 'low-fi' version which has the ads.

It's hard not to click them if you don't have some adblocker I say :P

I'm just annoyed at the ones that spam or just flat out let you know that they don't care.
And it's obvious who those people are.

Some of us(Me, SM, Echo) have enough credits to not have to worry about posting anymore for our hosting. I have enough to last years,lol.

I still hang out here because it's become like a new home to me, :P.

I hate you. You have 733 posts. Competition must be eliminated. :P
Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

The more registered users Xisto gets, the more the posts pile up. The more posts there are, the more the visitors there are. The more the visitors become, the higher the ad-click rate becomes. Thus Xisto should be able to handle the new costs. I think it would work out.

Aaah, cool, I noticed that too today :P
Well if you wondered from where does Xisto get the money to give us free domains and stuff, it's mostly from the ads that are clicked by the guests and believe me, there are loads of them, because I have searched on Google and ended up back here to see a solution or a debate for the problem, but usually when you click on a Google link to get here, you are redirected to the 'low-fi' version which has the ads.

It's hard not to click them if you don't have some adblocker I say :P

I hate you. You have 733 posts. Competition must be eliminated. :P

I forgot to list you under the non-spam list. Or are you a spammer?>=)

And to curtis....It's a nice theory but I'm not completely sure if it's proven. Can you really say that if we get, lets say 300 new people who all get accepted for hosting....And it costs...Assume $1.50 a month for each...Can you really say that Trap would be earning another 450 a month off advertising, minimum?

And what if people go for more expensive packages?

There is a possibility that it could all work out, but so far every program I've seen that has a huge influx ends up crashing. But then again....This is Trap. We'll see what happens, :P. Trap has amazed me in the past with different things, so it has a chance to live!

I would have to agree the members to hosting to ad revenue ratio is so complex that OpaQue would be making more money from those who get paid hosting then from the revenue. Of course, again the more members who make more posts and topics help make Xisto larger in the search engines.

And to curtis....It's a nice theory but I'm not completely sure if it's proven. Can you really say that if we get, lets say 300 new people who all get accepted for hosting....And it costs...Assume $1.50 a month for each...Can you really say that Trap would be earning another 450 a month off advertising, minimum?

Well, I suppose it isn't exactly proportional, but Xisto IS a free part of a larger business. I would imagine that the more users that are on the forums, the more users there will be that move up to paid hosting through Xisto - Web Hosting/Xisto. Sort of like a "try-before-you-buy" deal, the larger the user base, the larger the group of actual customers. It's just a theory.