xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Ice Sleet And A Tooth Just hasnt been a good day.

Okay yesterday afternoon I was munching away on some peanuts, and low and behold I chipped a tooth. moular no less. So I called my dent, and he said okay come on it tomarrow afternoon since it is not hurting or anything and we will take a look. well this morning I woke up in utter pain from the tooth. so I picked up the phone to call to see if he could fit me in sooner. the phone wrarng and wrang, then the answering service picked up say that his office was closed due to the weather. Ice and snow in the forcast. Well I could understand that. but guess what? Rain no ice or snow, and here I am in pain. I called around hoping to find another that could take me in today and with no luck at all. most closed or could not fit me in today.Just shoot me!! because today has been the day from hell do to this. Every time I try and eat or drink anything I go through the roof! Yes I could just go to the ER but why? it's silly to do that for just a tooth.

umm, actually you probably should have gone to the ER right after you chipped the tooth. If a piece of your body falls off, it isn't a good thing. I dunno about it now that you've waited so long, but I'd reckon you might as well try it if it hurts.

umm, actually you probably should have gone to the ER right after you chipped the tooth. If a piece of your body falls off, it isn't a good thing. I dunno about it now that you've waited so long, but I'd reckon you might as well try it if it hurts.

I'd disagree, personally. A tooth's not exactly "a piece of your body" in the context of, say, a finger. There's not much that can be done to repair it directly (i.e. gluing it back on), as I know from my chipped front tooth. As for it hurting, it's likely a combination of the nerves eventually realising something's wrong and the cold...what's the word? Emphasising? Not what I was thinking of, but it'll do...that to make it more painful. Sorry, but it looks like you'll have to make do until the dentist opens again. :P
On the plus side, can't you eat on one side of your mouth? I'm sure you've tried it, but surely it wouldn't hurt any more than not moving to eat on your other side? This all from someone who's total experience of toothache is from watching other people "enjoy" it. :P

lol, the piece of your body bit wasn't really very serious, it was more a joke. Actually, I am just speaking from the fact that the one person I saw chip a tooth went to the ER. Although, she like cleaved two front teeth each in half, maybe it was a matter of the degree of severity.

When you guys are talking about the ER, you mean like in a hospital? Why not just wait for the dentist?I didn't think that the hospital would deal with situations like that anyways...Since they are not oral surgeons?

Well, I was actually thinking more along the lines of getting something for the pain, but maybe it is just something that Tylenol could help. The hospital, at least where I am, would definitely deal with it though. I've seen them deal with some pretty darn silly things :P

well I ended up hoing to the ER after all tonite. they really could not do anything there. a doctor looked at it and told me looked as a cavaty started the whole thing. So when I go to the dent tomarrow weather premitting. They will most likely remove it or fill it. removing is what I bet though. Oh well good Drugs haha. ( Yes I hate Pain ) but they gave me something there, so I could get some sleep. Funny thing though. when I got home I took it. feeling no pain but wired.

Glad to hear you got something to deal with the pain. Toothaches are horrible.I hope you got to the dentist today and had that tooth looked after?

I had a toothache last year.I don't think theres any worse pain thanthat. The thing is,I don't know where your from,but in Canadayou can buy tylenol 1 over the counter that contains codeine.They kept me out of pain until I saw my dentist.

Well glad you got the tooth repair and I doubt the chip was that big if he capped it, but if like half your tooth was missing then they would most likely remove it. If you went to a pharmacy you might have gotten these Q-tips that can numb your tooth for you and they work out great, can't think of the name of them though.